Roses Ultimes de Chanel collection

MaryJane

Once Amour gets to my house, I will have all the products (except the eyeliner) in the featured look. I can't wait to try it out. I never would have throught to pair Prelude with those colors. I love it when they have the look breakdowns.

Ernie

I'm going to wait, Bloomingdales should be getting the collection in a few days, at least that's what they said!

Bonitinha

I got the email early this morning that 2 day free ship is back on Chanel.com

I won't get my order until Monday, but it will give me something to look forward to
cheerleader.gif

elegant-one

Agghh, I am still not getting the emails! I don't know what else to check on my side. bummer

My goodies arrive tomorrow
th_sign_woot.gif

Bonitinha

^^What is up with them not sending the emails to everyone? I used to have probs logging in every time, but lately I've been able to. Crazy site!

Cannot wait to hear how Jalousie looks!

elegant-one

They certainly didn't care to help find out what is wrong that I'm not receiving them...go figure.

I can't wait to see what it looks like on. I think I want the matching np too :)

Winthrop44

Can you try signing up everywhere you can find on their site using a completely different e-mail address?

QueenOfSnark

The glossimers sure look pretty, but I'll wait to see swatches before I bite. I'd hate to waste $$$ on a gloss that doesn't show up. :/ Volupte, Amour, and Desir are calling me though...

shontay07108

I got my glossimers today. Volupte and Amour (why doesn't Chanel label the tubes? arghhhh). I have to say I'm not in love. These are not the colors I wanted, or perhaps the colors Chanel put up are off (wouldn't be the first time, I think). The colors are not deep. 165, Volupte is the milky coral. It's the more disappointing of the two. Really no color, just some shine. I think even pale lips will find little color with this product. I will wear it over some coral lipsticks for shine, I guess. 166, Volupte is a bit more impressive only b/c of the pretty shimmer in it. It, too is not pigmented. Again, I will use this to layer on top of a lipstick. I know a lot of people say glossimers are sheer and even though I've seen swatches of really sheer one, I've never encountered one myself. All of my glossimers are packed with color and can be worn on their own. I guess it's because the colors are deeper. I was really hoping for pigmented coral. I guess that's too much to ask :lol:. Oh well.

shontay07108

I could, but I might not even bother. I'm so lazy about those things. I still have the box, though so we'll see how it goes in the next week or so. I might try wearing them out first.

StelliR

I know a lot of people say glossimers are sheer and even though I've seen swatches of really sheer one, I've never encountered one myself. All of my glossimers are packed with color and can be worn on their own. I guess it's because the colors are deeper. I was really hoping for pigmented coral. I guess that's too much to ask
lol.gif
. Oh well.
Hi there,
So, is safe to say that Amour does NOT look like it does on the model for this collection?

Bonitinha

Oh bummer, Shontay. I hope you can make them work. Now I'm interested to see what Desir and Jalousie looked like -- I guess I will find out on Monday when I get my package!

abbygal

I want to place an order too! I found some swatches of jasur amour and jalousie. I think I will try jalousie, I like that thereis no glitter in it.

http://blondycandy.com/bc/2012/02/chanel-levres-scintillantes-glossimer-in-desir-plasir-and-jalousie-roses-ultime-de-chanel/

MaryJane

I've found with most lipglosses, the color that appears depends on the pigment of your lips and if you were a lip liner underneath. In the case of amour, the model is wearing pink sugar liner which I'm sure has alot to do with how the color shows up.

Chanel needs to do a better job with their swatches.

shontay07108

Yeah, in all my years of make up hoarding I know things aren't always what they appear to be and using liners and lip pigmentation changes what a product will look like. However, this is a gross misrepresentation of what the gloss looks like. These glosses will be next to nothing even on the palest of lips. Out of curiosity, I'm gonna have to google this liner to see just how Chanel was able to pull that look off.

QueenOfSnark

That's really a bummer, and enough of one to turn me off of glossimers for some time. Seriously Chanel, we're already paying a premium for your glosses, the least you could do is, you know, put some pigment into them!

shontay07108

True. I'm tired of glosses looking one way in the tube, but another on your lips. When I first looked at these outside of the box, I was worried about Amour b/c it was so flat (no shimmer). I thought "oh, this is one of those layering glosses". I had way more hope for Volupte b/c it looks like my other glossimers in that it shines beautifully in the tube. I have enough glosses to wear over lipstick for added shine. I really don't need two more that cost $30. However, like I said, I'll probably just eat it. I'll try some combos in the coming days.

Latest posts