Round Robin Package Exchange?

Status
Not open for further replies.

captodometer

I remember in past years that there was a kind of round robin package exchange that happened on here starting this time of year: there was a list, you put in XX$ of stuff, took out the same amount, and sent the package on to the next person. Are there plans to do this again this year? MODS: feel free to delete this post if this type of activity is no longer allowed
th_confused_new.gif

lyttleravyn

There was a secret santa last year. If there are enough people interested, I'd be willing to organize one.

captodometer

I think the round robin thing was in 2006 or 2007. If I recall correctly, it worked really well until it got near the end: someone either had a huge delay in forwarding the package on, or it turned into a massive swaplift
shockt.gif
It was an interesting concept: I was just wondering if anyone had tried it again since then or was even considering it. I'd probably be willing to participate and/or coordinate if they were.

How did the Secret Santa swap work?

lyttleravyn

I think the Secret Santa was fairly successful last year, a good number of people participated. One person organized it last year, where you pst'd them with your address and feedback (from ebay, here, mua, etsy, etc.) and after the deadline that person matched everyone up. You got your 'elf's' address, and there was a thread where everyone involved could post a wishlist.

I'd probably use Elfster.com to organize it though, makes everything much easier you can even put wishlists on there
smiles.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts