rowing machine, yes or no?

zwfan

just getting tired of elliptical and treadmill.... Rowing machine seems pretty funny
lol.gif

speaking of burning calories, is rowing machine a good choice?
thanks
eyelove.gif

dangerousmuffins

To me truthfully, the rowing machine is beyond boring.
My sister had one a while back. She got rid of it pretty quick.

I have no idea how many calories it burns per half hour (in general), but probably definitely less than the treadmill & elliptical.

Wattage

Rowing is a good calorie burner, but like anything it depends on the intensity of the workout.

If you row intensely for an hour, you can burn upwards of 700 cals, though this really is quite advanced.

Rowing is a good choice - maybe aim for 3000m. It is a good workout, though I would not recommend it as your sole source of cardiovascular exercise.

ch33tah

rowing machines are AWESOME for a TRUE full body work out!

even if it's just for 5 or 10 minutes you can get a great burn.

just avoid it if you have knee or back issues. rowing wont make them feel better.

i use a concept 2 rower @ my gym for 10 minutes on leve 2 and go a bit slower.. after my intense cardio routine. it's a great way to get my whole body involved in a work out (not just my legs and core like on the elliptical) and it seems there's always a few hotties who work out on the rower... so i get some good eye candy and a boost of self confidence... it's awesome!

Latest posts