Rubenesque or Painterly??!

paige2727

Hi guys! Ok, so I am wanting a paint pot from MAC and I am tossing up between rubenesque and painterly! Rubenesque looks like a gorgeous colour but painterly looks like a good one for everyday use! I am a very neutral girl, so I think I would get much more use out of painterly but still rubenesque looks so pretty!!
smiles.gif

What do you guys suggest??

XxXxX

I have Painterly and it is love! I've had it for about a year and it has not dried up on me at all! I also have had Bare Study for a few months and it has not dried up at all either! I would recommend making sure they are closed well. I have also used paints, and they are good too, but Paint Pots are great!!

I don't have Rubenesque, but I'm pretty sure it would make ur shadows shimmery. So it would depend on what you are looking for....do u wear alot of shimmer, or if not Painterly would be perfect bc its a neutral base!

dietcokeg

i would have to say painterly, its goes with a much wider variety of colours. i have bare canvas paint and i have to its also much better then the paint pots.

tdm

I have Painterly and love it! I use it with all of my neutral everday looks. I agree with XxXxX about the shimmer in Rubenesque. I have another paint pot (forgot the name....the gold one) that has shimmer and don't use it as much.

Vixxan

I have both and for some reason Rubenesque dries out really fast. This is the second one to dry out within of month of me buying it. I would go with Painterly.

iluvmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixxan
I have both and for some reason Rubenesque dries out really fast. This is the second one to dry out within of month of me buying it. I would go with Painterly.

It happened to me too!! I find that matte paintpots (Painterly, Soft Ochre) don't dry out as fast as the other ones.

Shadowy Lady

I don't know why ppl's paint pots are drying. I've had most of mine for over a year and no drying at all (that includes Rubenesque btw)

as for your question, for everyday, def go with Painterly, I'm on my second one now and will need a new one soon
smiles.gif

kelly2509t

I'd go Painterly! I have it and it's great for everyday use. It neutralises your eyelid and you can use any shadow on top and the P/P will not alter the e/s colour

jazmatazz

Painterly. My paint pot (Groundwork) has never dried up, and I've had it for over a year. I only use it occasionally though.