Ruby Woo VS Diva

theleopardcake

Today, I went to MAC to go get Mystic lipstick but ended up getting 2 different ones...I had been looking for a great red lipstick from MAC (any shade of red, as long as it looks somewhat retro).
So I had these in mind before walking into the store: Dubonnet, Russian Red, Ruby Woo (in addition to Mystic) and the first one the SA tried on me was Ruby Woo. As soon as he was done applying it he said, "OMG, I am deciding for you. You have to get this one." I wasn't sure how much I liked it but another SA who was at the counter said, "I am sold on it too. I first started out with Dubonnet, but I really think Ruby Woo looks so good on you." So I decided to get that one and Diva (it is sort of a darker Mystic so I was sure about getting that one). I also had 6 empties and wanted to get Diva via b2m, but the SA ended up marking Ruby Woo for b2m...which sucks because now I can't go return/exchange it if i decide I'm not 100% sold on it...Sigh.

Anyway, it might just be me...because it's such a bright, vibrant red that I am not completely used to it.

Tell me, what do you think??
th_dunno.gif

dsc02684q.jpg

dsc02692g.jpg

dsc02710.jpg

dsc02729d.jpg

dsc02723.jpg

dsc02735q.jpg

//PRODUCTS USED://
Eyes: Just MAC blacktrack fluidline, Brule e/s & drugstore Falsies
Cheeks: MAC Pink Swoon blush
Lips: MAC Ruby Woo (first set) and MAC Diva (second set), MAC Portside cremestick liner, Shiseido clear gloss

makeba

i love them both. i just got ruby woo over the weekend and when i put it on i was like damn that is hawt! i was looking for a nice red/matte finish. its very pretty on you. Wear that color proud girl

hhunt2

Personally, Ruby Woo on you looks more of a 1950's pin-up vibe v.s. Diva is more of an up-to-date goth shade on you.

But you can definitely pull off both shades of red.

A Ro

Ruby Woo is effing PERFECT on you! If I were you I would never take that off lol.

Swirlgirl

You have *perfect* lips to pull off a RED lippie.
Both look fab, but I agree with the MA...Ruby Woo just pops!

Shypo

LOVE the Ruby Woo! My MA used that on me a couple of weeks ago and I was shocked at how much I liked it. It looks marvelous on you!!

I love both on you! Ruby Woo looks fantastic!! Really looks great on you & Diva is perfect for that retro look your going for. I love red lipsticks!