Ruby Woo???

Sonya Adams

OK, Someone on another board mentioned the possibility of Ruby Woo being discontinued sometime soon, so I started asking around as I travelled.

At three separate MAC stores, I was informed after questioning that yes, Ruby Woo was soon going to the chopping block. But after asking at 4 other places (3 of which were counters, and not stores), I was told that the others were sadly mistaken and they wouldn't get rid of a hot-selling item like Ruby Woo.

So who's correct? Anyone got any info? I bought 2 extras "Just-In-Case", but jeez... can't anyone get info straight?

Only one girl (at one of the MAC counters) made mention of some amazing "list" that they are faxed once a week. I've never heard of this magical list that comes through once a week? Is this just because the counter girls at that particular store (local, go figure) are too dumb to comprehend or remember things, or is there really some magic list informing the store reps of future discontinueds?

redambition

i really hope they don't.
ssad.gif

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonya Adams
....Only one girl (at one of the MAC counters) made mention of some amazing "list" that they are faxed once a week. I've never heard of this magical list that comes through once a week? ....

There is a list of upcoming DCs, as well as past DCs and recommended replacement products. For some reason, a lot of MAs don't read it or know about it or care about it. I haven't heard anything about Ruby Woo though. I would be pretty surprised it they axed it, as they already killed all the Retro Mattes, but kept Ruby Woo.

Fairybelle

I hope this is a rumor! I adore my Ruby Woo!!! I wish that MAC just stopped pushing out so many new collections so soon and brought back some 'retro' (discontinued) items for LE!! When they push new collections, that means that some old favs have to go...

lara

AFAIK, the deal was that all the retro mattes were continued bar Ruby Woo, and now Ruby Woo is now classified as a regular matte lipstick. That's just idle chit-chat though, a better explaination can come from the gals with the MAC necklaces.
smiles.gif

redambition

my previous post was made before i actually owned ruby woo and was just drooling over it.

sincce i did a B2M run today, i'd like to upgrade my response to: this better be a rumour or i will volunteer to lead the women who want to hunt down whoever made this insane decision and give them a very large piece of our collective mind, as well as a kick in the shins, if we decide we are so inclined.

(yes, i'm insane. i've fallen in love with this lipstick)

MisStarrlight

There has been rumors about Ruby Woo since I started-over a year ago...I'll believe it when I see it on the d/c list/website.