Rude MAs

joey_zane

Well I finally got to go to a Pro store over the weekend - my friend Nat and I had planned it for a while and we were both really excited at the prospect of Pro products and expert knowledge (seeing as the counter in Plymouth has only just opened the girls aren't quite as knowledgeable as I'd like...)...

However I didn't enjoy the experience at all. I don't expect to be pounced on by a MA as soon as I get into a store by any means... but not even being acknowledged really grinds my gears as a polite smile doesn't take ANY effort. So that irritated me to start with... after a lengthly browse I was finally in the presence of greatness (or not). The MA didn't make eye contact, didn't smile, didn't show any enthusiasm and tested all the products she recommended on her own skin which was quite a lot darker than mine... she didn't offer to test anything on me and had the kind of attitude that says "I know what I'm talking about, you know nothing so just accept what I say". To say I was a little peeved is the understatement of the century.

Anyways... I did still haul a good amount of swag, although a couple of things were OOS :-(

It was a completely different story in Liberty where on the Shu Uemura counter I was treated with respect, smiles and manners... the MA even asked if I was a MA and when I said no she replied that I should be (the MA in MAC didn't even comment on my make-up).

<end rant>

Chic 2k6

hey, omg there's a MAC counter in Plymouth?! i live an hour away from there and if its true then mann im gonna be there alot!

but on the other hand, report the MA to the manager or to MAC's customer's service about her then they can solve the problem

joey_zane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chic 2k6
hey, omg there's a MAC counter in Plymouth?! i live an hour away from there and if its true then mann im gonna be there alot!

but on the other hand, report the MA to the manager or to MAC's customer's service about her then they can solve the problem

Indeed there is - it's in Dingles (House of Fraser) - they have a window!! It only opened about a month or so ago, but it's fabulous! They currenly have the Viva Glam 6, Rockocco, Untamed, Out Loud and Plushglass collections... so hurry!!

Chic 2k6

ooo i'd go this w/e but my sis wont take me there
ssad.gif
hopefully next w/e

thanks!

c00ki312

there was one MA in the pro store who served me who was really nice. she has blonde hair, american accent and wear loads of make up. if you see her next time, approach her as she's really helpful and swatches the whole colour collection on your face lol

joey_zane

Ah I think it'll be a long time (maybe never) before I go back there tbh... although I loved the Pro products it's a bit far to go.

Glad the staff have improved though... it was nearly six months ago that we went there so maybe the rude MA that I saw has left??

Anyways...

sewprecocious

Thats awful!! I too have had a bad experience at PRO counters where they werent nice to me until I told them that I, too, work for MAC. The thing i try to remember is that they are used to working with pro's who sometimes just want to shop on their own. It's not an excuse but it made me feel better
smiles.gif

Nonetheless, sorry you had a terrible time! Come to my store, we'll swoon over ya!

txt_eva

Yeah the plymouth one has a nice selection in there... they were really snobby over xmas and trying to make a big secret thign about all the collections and saying they could reserve items- but wouldn't say what they were *aghh* and i knew anyways cause it was all over MUA and speckta...

they are nicer now since i went and asked about Barbie and was met with blank stares so i explained and they were all excited...

Its still fairly new so don't explain the MA to know so much (ie she didn't know mothbrown was a repromote... !!)

but its a nice spot and easy to get served

Eemaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewprecocious
Thats awful!! I too have had a bad experience at PRO counters where they werent nice to me until I told them that I, too, work for MAC. The thing i try to remember is that they are used to working with pro's who sometimes just want to shop on their own. It's not an excuse but it made me feel better
smiles.gif

Nonetheless, sorry you had a terrible time! Come to my store, we'll swoon over ya!

clap.gif
what counter do you work at!???
cutey.gif