Safe to by Cult of Cherry on Ebay?

rockin26

Being from Australia where MAC has just launched CoC my first impluse was to jump on Ebay.com (the US site not Aus) and see what was up as it was already released in the US a few weeks ago and even with postage it's still cheaper to by Mac direct from the US. So looking at what came up in the search would it be fair to say that the nasty fakers couldn't have come up with fake quads that quick? cult of cherry, Makeup, Nail Care Polish items on eBay.com

I'm mostly looking at the quads as they $72 RRP here! Arrrgh!! So would love to see what others think, I want all 3 quads so this is the cheapest way I can do that but I'm so nervous with those no good fake buggers I'm suspicious of nearly every auction.
th_dunno.gif

natjotua

i would feel safe swapping on makeupalley.com better than ebay.. just my opinion though!

X_cinderella_X

I'm from Aus too and agree about the crazy retail price for MAC. so frustrating!
I too wanted all of the quads- i bought spiced chocolate from aus ebay, and tempting and shadowy lady from us ebay. the two from us ebay were authentic, sadly the spiced chocolate was fake.
Still, the cost for all three came to just under $100 (including postage) where as if i bought the two authentic ones here it would have been $148.

rockin26

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_cinderella_X
I'm from Aus too and agree about the crazy retail price for MAC. so frustrating!
I too wanted all of the quads- i bought spiced chocolate from aus ebay, and tempting and shadowy lady from us ebay. the two from us ebay were authentic, sadly the spiced chocolate was fake.
Still, the cost for all three came to just under $100 (including postage) where as if i bought the two authentic ones here it would have been $148.

That sucks! If you have any pics can you please post them? I'd be really interested to see a fake spiced chocolate quad.

I bought the shadowy lady quad from the US site and with postage was only $47 so that was a big saving! I'm just watching for the tempting quad for now but I'll get it off US ebay and not AUS. I find there is way more fakes on the AUS site as MAC is more expensive here so the as*hole fake sellers exploit it more here as they'll get more cash for their cheap sh*t.

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_cinderella_X

Please post pics of the counterfeit Spiced Chocolate palette - I'm very interested to see it!

X_cinderella_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
Please post pics of the counterfeit Spiced Chocolate palette - I'm very interested to see it!

Sorry I can't post any pics- no working camera!
The reason I believe the Spiced Chocolate to be fake is that the box has simply nothing on the back of it. No details at all.

Furthermore, the quad was wrapped in clear ductape with 'Cherry Brown Eyes' printed on the tape. On the back of the palette it didnt have the shade names or numbers, just abstract colour names like 'ORANGEY BROWN' and 'GLITTERY MAROON'

capmorlovesmac

I bought my Spiced Chocolate quad on ebay US because it was sold out here. At first I was concerned when it arrived because this quad is only 5.2 g instead of 6 g like the other two quads. But it is 99% (I guess you can never be completely sure even it is really early for fakes
th_dunno.gif
) no fake - I checked the quad at my local counter and it is exactly the same. But this seller actually just has only the tempting and shadowy lady quad in his shop
ssad.gif