Sally Hansen Bikini Waxing - Anyone tried it?

Chikky

Has anyone tried the Sally Hansen Extra Strength Brazilian Bikini Wax kit? I wanted to try my own waxing for a while. Mostly because no one'll see it but me, and I can save some money. Plus, as soon as a razor comes NEAR me, I'm covered in bumps and pimples for over a week.

I live in an area where there aren't many (ok, there's one and it's tiny) beauty places and finding these things at Target is even rare, so I have to buy readily available products.

All that to say... Anyone tried this? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

ruthless

I used to wax for years and years, and the best method for lady bits IMHO is "hard wax" with no muslin/linen strips, for the "under" parts anyways. That being said if you're doing it yourself it may be easier for you to use that method. When I shave, I get razor bumps, when I was I get ingrown hairs. Finally I saved up for laser hair removal and that seems to have helped a LOT. I would steer clear of anything that has the wax and strip pre made-I don't think it's as effective.

I find it hard to be as effective as a trained esthitician because I am not as good when inflicting pain on myself. Just things to consider. Good luck!

lechat

I'd look for some Gigi Hard Wax, with the pre-hon, and pre-wax oil (which is AMAZING). It usually comes in a kit from Sallys, if you have one. Mine has light green wax.

It's amazing. Most painless wax ever!

marusia

I have tried the Sally Hanson wax...I let my hair grow out for a while so the wax would have something to grab on to..

When it was time to wax, I pulled...Ouch! I look back down, and all the hair is there. It just pulled it hard enough to make me bleed. I also had to rub oil on it to get the wax out...I STRONGLY advise NOT to try it, that crap sucks!

If I were you, I'd look for something called "Coochie Cream". It's sold in sex shops, online, and at "toy parties". I know it sounds strange, but it's the absolute best thing for shaving...well, anywhere, especially "private" areas. You can also rub it in afterwards for a double effect. I swear by that stuff. It's worth it's weight in gold. Whenever I run out of Coochie cream, I just use my $.95 V05 conditioner to shave with. You just need something that will help the razor glide smoothly so you don't get nicks and what not.

Good luck!

ruthless

Actually, I forgot to mention I swear by "High time Bump stopper" if I have the name correctly. It is for Dudes of Colour neck bumps from shaving it is the best and so much cheaper than a lot of the bikini area marketed creams. And works better.

Latest posts