Sam Fine basics of beauty DVD

Miss Lore

Hello ladies,

just wanted to know if anyone has picked this one up yet. it looks like its only just 60 minutes and 3 different looks
ssad.gif

I just wanted to know how in depth it was and if anyone has any reviews on the dvd?

TIA

xxx

MrsGooch

I got it and just watched it last night....I LOVED it..it is indeed just the "Basics", but I picked up a few new tips and tricks that made it worthwile to me. And, it was interesting to see how he works. So, it was worth it for me. But, yes it is just 60 mins and only 3 looks.

MrsGooch

Does anyone have any idea what the NARS shadow he uses for the brow highlight? He uses it throughout the vid and I love it....any clues?

MrsGooch

Just got off of a Blog Talk Radio show w/ Sam Fine as a guest (INCREDIBLE!)...I asked the name of the shadow and its "Night Star"...totally ordering it!

Miss Lore

So it is peretty basic then hmmmn, I was hoping it would have a lot of depth and detail however I think i will still get it as i loooove Mr Fine
smiles.gif

Thanks Mrs Gooch, I was wondering about that shadow from the you tube clips too.

Ive never checked out danessa before, im not too familliar with her work. I shall be checking out the link!

macgirl3121

Mine is being prepared for shipment RIGHT NOW.
yahoo.gif

I'll have it by Thanksgiving and I'll view it over the weekend. This DVD has gotten nothing but rave reviews on Amazon.com so I ordered it.

Cocopuff

I got mine and I love it. I understand that he did not want to talk brands, but I REALLY wanted to know everything that he used. I am glad we at least know the NARS eyeshadow that he used throughout the video

macgirl3121

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherNicole
FYI friends, if anyone is in the DC area he's hosting workshop at the Bennett Career Institute, 2 times on sunday

I know and I can't go.
weeping.gif
I just didn't get enough notice. Class is $99 , which normally is not a prob but it's right before the holidays and I need to conserve. I'll be sure to catch him in the spring.

Cinammonkisses

I've been eyeing that DVD. Can't order at the moment, but when time permits I will definately order. I'm glad he finally came out with a DVD. About darn time Mr. Fine!!!

elektra513

I got this this dvd and watched it last week. I love this man, he and his technique are amazing. Like an earlier poster said, the looks are the basics, but his method is like no one I've seen and results are great. Not boring at all. Besides the Night Star eyeshadow, I also noticed he used Cargo bronzer on the first model, which I already have and love. I bought the Nars eyeshadow, but I find it difficult to use under the eyebrow without a base. It has a similar texture to MAC velvet shadows (ie, matte shadow with shimmer/glitter). I actually prefer Nars Albatross or Mac Shroom for the brow highlight.

All in all, its a great dvd for anyone who loves makeup and/or fan of Sam Fine. I think I heard somewhere he will be doing another dvd, which I will buy also.

Oh, and Danessa Myricks' dvds are in my shopping cart on amazon.com right now...can't wait to check her out.

BrawnShuga

Totally loved watching this, though it left me wanting more (only 3 different looks) he has totally inspired me, and I have picked up on a few of his secret techniques that I now use on clients! The bronzer he uses throughout his dvd is by Cargo, and I want to say that it is in 'Dark' which is awesome on skin tone's ranging from NC40+ .It is a total a must-have! Cant wait till his next one comes out!

milamonster

what's the name of that cargo blush? i wanna try it out!!
drools.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektra513
I got this this dvd and watched it last week. I love this man, he and his technique are amazing. Like an earlier poster said, the looks are the basics, but his method is like no one I've seen and results are great. Not boring at all. Besides the Night Star eyeshadow, I also noticed he used Cargo bronzer on the first model, which I already have and love. I bought the Nars eyeshadow, but I find it difficult to use under the eyebrow without a base. It has a similar texture to MAC velvet shadows (ie, matte shadow with shimmer/glitter). I actually prefer Nars Albatross or Mac Shroom for the brow highlight.

All in all, its a great dvd for anyone who loves makeup and/or fan of Sam Fine. I think I heard somewhere he will be doing another dvd, which I will buy also.

Oh, and Danessa Myricks' dvds are in my shopping cart on amazon.com right now...can't wait to check her out.

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamonster
what's the name of that cargo blush? i wanna try it out!!
drools.gif

It's called Dark [bronzer, not blush]. He also used a blush by Cargo, but I don't know their blushes that well to name it.