Sanitising 187 brush?

pr1nces583

not sure if im posting in the right place but i was wondering if a mac artist could help me out with this one?

i have acne on my chin area and the only brush i use around my chin is my 187 for foundation. i was wondering, would it be ok to clean it using my dermalogica anti-bac face wash? i really want to make sure im not re introducing bugs from my brush back onto my face. also, how often should i be washing it? currently i am washing it once a week.

erine1881

save the anti bac for your face and use mac's brush cleanser. not only is brush cleanser gonna cleanse and sanitize, but its also gonna condition the bristles so they don't shed as much. as long as you don't have any open acne sores, you only need to clean it once a week.

pr1nces583

thank you
smiles.gif
im glad i asked before i did it, i had a feeling it would be way too harsh for my brushes. ive got some brush cleanser that isnt mac, so ill try that and get the mac one when ive used it up
smiles.gif

SparklingWaves

I use M.A.C. brush cleaner for my brushes. It cleans my brushes like a charm. Even if you use a black pigment on a white brush, it will clean it back to white again.
smiles.gif

pr1nces583

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
I use M.A.C. brush cleaner for my brushes. It cleans my brushes like a charm. Even if you use a black pigment on a white brush, it will clean it back to white again.
smiles.gif

thank you
smiles.gif
i think ill def get the brush cleanser, im trying to widen my collection of brushes as well, so thats good to know
th_wink3.gif

stacylynne

I use Johnson's & Johnson's baby shampoo after every time I use my brushes. All my brushes look brand new & are so soft.

If you're breaking out on your chin only. Try to clean that brush after everytime you use it so your not putting bacteria on your face & this way it's like using a fresh brush every application.

browneyedbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacylynne
I use Johnson's & Johnson's baby shampoo after every time I use my brushes. All my brushes look brand new & are so soft.

If you're breaking out on your chin only. Try to clean that brush after everytime you use it so your not putting bacteria on your face & this way it's like using a fresh brush every application.

I use baby shampoo too and would definitely wash it more than once a week.

xoxprincessx0x

I was the brush I use for foundation every day after I use it but I use the 190. I use my 187 for loose powder and wash it every week along with my 169 blush brush.

macchristyy

its good to use the mac cleanser like every 3 days. just spray (i bought a spray top for mine) it on your brush and swipe it over and over until it dries on a towel or something BUT it is better to do some sort of DEEP CLEANING on your brushes once a week with shampoo or a mild soap that isnt so harsh. make sure you dry them flat so the glue in the bristles doesnt soften up! and make sure you also only use your brushes on a clean face because there are oils on our face that can cause bacteria and you dont want that going back into your makeup!
cry.gif
hope this helps!