Sanitizing Penultimate?

Ziya

Hey guys, so I've been thinking (sorry if its a dumb question/has been addressed already) but how exactly are MA's sanitizing the felt tip of the Penultimate testers? like wouldnt the alcohol kinda wreck the product a bit?
or like freelancer's who want to use it on clients...just curious
greengrin.gif
th_confused_new.gif

coachkitten

This is from the chill collection thread posted by Erine1881 (post #1281)
http://specktra.net/f250/mac-chill-c...9/index52.html

Originally Posted by csmarie21
dip the pen liner in alcohol , blot with a tissue, and then smell the tip to make sure there is no alcohol smell left on the pen liner...

Erine1881's response:
DO NOT DO THIS!!! you will ruin it! to safely sanitize it you dip a tissue in alcohol (don't soak it!), and gently wipe the tip. this will effectively sanitize it without ruining it. if you dip the tip directly into the alcohol, the tip will soak up the alcohol and dry out all the fluid.

Hopefully that helps!
smiles.gif

ductapemyheartt

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
This is from the chill collection thread posted by Erine1881 (post #1281)
http://specktra.net/f250/mac-chill-c...9/index52.html

Originally Posted by csmarie21
dip the pen liner in alcohol , blot with a tissue, and then smell the tip to make sure there is no alcohol smell left on the pen liner...

Erine1881's response:
DO NOT DO THIS!!! you will ruin it! to safely sanitize it you dip a tissue in alcohol (don't soak it!), and gently wipe the tip. this will effectively sanitize it without ruining it. if you dip the tip directly into the alcohol, the tip will soak up the alcohol and dry out all the fluid.

Hopefully that helps!
smiles.gif

Uh oh. At our counter, we have been dipping it in alcohol. I asked my manager what to do and she said that at update, they said to dip it.
:[

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by ductapemyheartt
Uh oh. At our counter, we have been dipping it in alcohol. I asked my manager what to do and she said that at update, they said to dip it.
:[

our trainer made sure we were all paying attention when she said, "DO NOT DIP IT IN ALCOHOL!!!". we didn't get a chance to tell our freelancers that and someone dipped it in. then when we went to test it on our hands for a customer, it was all watered down and splotchy. dipping it in allows the alchohol to get soaked up, no matter how fast you dip it. but, when you dip a tissue lightly in alcohol and wipe the tip, there's not enough alcohol on the tissue to get absorbed, but just enough to sanitize the surface of the liner.

effboysinthebut

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
our trainer made sure we were all paying attention when she said, "DO NOT DIP IT IN ALCOHOL!!!". we didn't get a chance to tell our freelancers that and someone dipped it in. then when we went to test it on our hands for a customer, it was all watered down and splotchy. dipping it in allows the alchohol to get soaked up, no matter how fast you dip it. but, when you dip a tissue lightly in alcohol and wipe the tip, there's not enough alcohol on the tissue to get absorbed, but just enough to sanitize the surface of the liner.

We were told the same thing.

Latest posts