Santa's coming! I KNOW HIM!

kattybadatty

With Christmas Eve just TWO months away from tomorrow... has anyone started thinking about what they are asking Santa for this year? My list is a mile long, at least.... wanted to hear what everyone else is wishing for
th_DANCE.gif
I love the holidays!

x x x Kat

TISH1124

My dh always gets me something nice...But I never really ask for anything...It's more about the kids for us...So I never make lists and I always tell my dh not to get me anything...But we always sneak and get each other a little something special. Be we don't do the go crazy at Christmas thing because we have a different appreciation of what the Holiday is about. However we do sponser an under priviliged family each year and we spoil them a little bit crazy
party.gif
because the looks on their faces is so rewarding and my son loves picking out toys & clothing for the family we sponser.

kattybadatty

that's great. volunteering time, energy, and money during the holidays is definitely an important thing to do. in my opinion. being the youngest in my family, I still feel like I get spoiled rotten once Christmas rolls around... but now that I am a hard-working independent woman, I can treat my parents to nice gifts too! I love giving
smiles.gif

makeba

xmas is all about loving my Lord and Savior for real but we do exchange gifts and appreciate each other. my kids make lists but i dont. i dont really expect anything but the DH gets me some MAC goodies so that is always fun. i kinda want a new cell phone but i intend on getting that myself at the beginning of the new year

rbella

I have a list a mile long, but I don't get anything b/c we only give gifts to the "kids" in the family now. I got jipped BIG TIME.

So, I pray my cheap ass husband (whom I love dearly) will actually buy something from my list. But, this never happens b/c he thinks he knows me better than I know myself which is really stupid b/c who really knows me better than me?

Anyway, we give a couple of bags of food, clothes and toys each year to families in need around our neighborhood. We also invite them over if they need a warm meal. That actually makes me feel better than getting gifts.

***although, I totally would not be opposed to my family buying me presents this year***

brokenxbeauty

I'll probably end up making one so I can remember things when people ask me what I'd like for Christmas. I'm too forgetful otherwise!

ginger9

TISH and rbella I really love that you guys do such charitable things for Christmas. I applaud people who think of others less fortunate.

Now that I can afford things that I want I don't want many things, I guess life is ironic like that. I join toy drives and donate to food banks often times I feel like I want to do more.

These days its about getting together with loved ones and friends for me. Gifts are always nice but more of a surprise than the expected. I suppose I'd be partial to getting nice parfumes and jewelry
smiles.gif

Kiss and Makeup

I do have a list, an Excel spreadsheet, to be exact. I don't ask for specifics off of it. I merely ask for gift cards. I have a weird ritual I do with my makeup when I get it, and I don't like the idea of someone else buying it for me.

My husband mentioned going to CCO and letting me pick out my goodies. I like that. Everyone else, I ask for cash, or gift cards. But yes. There is a list, and I have an online registry at Sephora. I wish MAC did that
ssad.gif

SkylarV217

Money's tight this year , so we are focusing on the little one, even though he doesn't need anything , he probably couldn't want anything =/ but he's three this year and i think this is a big year in the santa department for him. So I think we are gonna try to pass on gifts for each other and buy for him =D

P.S. - Tish and Rbella , you two are so sweet =) I typically love those types of activities and buying for the angels on the trees , unfortunately its not in the cards this year, I do believe that truly is what the season is all about =)

Kayteuk

My family are very strongly Atheist so we don't celebrate it at all :-( But I do like the pretty lights and decorations!

LadyFaenyx

We celebrate Yule, which is pretty much a celebration of the winter solstice, and the rebirth of the Sun God. And SO many Christmas traditions are actually Pagan, so we're basically celebrating christmas, with a different name.

anyways.. the holidays are HUGEEEEE for us, and i'm not kidding. We go all out. I CAN'T WAIT TO DECORATE!!. Our tree goes up December 1st on the DOT. We spend the whole day decorating, and usually baking cookies.

As for MY wishlist.. well my MAC wishlist at least, is mainly just collection stuff. Chill & Dame edna.
smiles.gif

I'm getting my fiance an XBOX360. He's been wanting one for awhile..

My favourite thing about the holidays, are buying gifts for people, and watching them open them. I can't wait!. I have a few bags of clothing, and we always make a huge bag of food to donate as well.

jayne5787

haha, I got my fiance an XBOX360 as an early Christmas gift b/c he's been wanted one for awhile now and that's ALL he does now. I'll try to ask him something and he'll be like, "yeah...I love you too, babe"
angry.gif
ughhh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFaenyx
We celebrate Yule, which is pretty much a celebration of the winter solstice, and the rebirth of the Sun God. And SO many Christmas traditions are actually Pagan, so we're basically celebrating christmas, with a different name.

anyways.. the holidays are HUGEEEEE for us, and i'm not kidding. We go all out. I CAN'T WAIT TO DECORATE!!. Our tree goes up December 1st on the DOT. We spend the whole day decorating, and usually baking cookies.

As for MY wishlist.. well my MAC wishlist at least, is mainly just collection stuff. Chill & Dame edna.
smiles.gif

I'm getting my fiance an XBOX360. He's been wanting one for awhile..

My favourite thing about the holidays, are buying gifts for people, and watching them open them. I can't wait!. I have a few bags of clothing, and we always make a huge bag of food to donate as well.

aleksis210

I normally ask for my staples for xmas/Bday(dec. 22nd)...because they are pretty expensive...
Lipfusion-clear
Ojon haircare
Too faced shadow insurance
Sephora brand dry oil
I want to try a couple of UD 24/7 liners
Clarisonic brush(maybe, not sure yet,broke me out last time I tried it and it is freakin $200
icon_eek.gif
)
I want a bunch of Tocca candles!!!
laptop for school(I hope!)
I need a few makeup brushes(kabuki, crease, stipling)
Stripper pole! (I saw it on 'Brooke knows best' and now I want one! except hers was $500, I've seen them for $70!)
**That's all I can think of off the top of my head!**

sharkbytes

I don't celebrate Christmas for any sort of religious aspect at all, but I love the holiday season and I've even started my shopping already! I like to get everything bought and wrapped by thanksgiving so that I can just sit back and enjoy the december with all the yummy smelling food, the pine, and all the gorgeous decorations.

I asked Santa for a few things (I suppose the main items are an Amazon Kindle, MAC stuff, and my traditional gift of new fragrance--Jo Malone this year) and I can't wait until the weather turns to hot-chocolate drinking temperatures
smiles.gif

When I was in college, I used to do the adopt-a-child at Christmas, and I haven't done it in a while just because I didn't take the time to find out about it around here. You ladies have inspired me to get the information and do something about it this year. So thank you!!!

rbella

Ok, Rbella needs a vacation because I read this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksis210
I normally ask for my staples for xmas/Bday...because they are pretty expensive...

as this:

"normally ask for staples for xmas/bday....because they are pretty expensive...."

Lord, help me.

miss_bailey

I want permission from my parents to differ from University so I can get a Diploma in makeup!

But If I cant have that id settle for vouchers for my favourite beauty stores.
Also its unrelated to makeup but I REALLY want a bike.
hahha makes me feel like a twelve year old.

a nice handbadg from the bf would be pretty sweet too.

Latest posts