Santa's coming! I KNOW HIM!

ZoeKat

I am actually having problems coming up with things for my lists. Every year my family and the in-laws ask for a list, but it's been hard to make them lately. I will probably always be spoiled with making a Xmas list because I'm the only "child" in my entire family, and I live halfway across the country from them.

That's how I stumbled upon this post...I did a search wondering what other people are putting on their lists! Haha.

vocaltest

Ideal list:

New car - Golf R32
New digislr - Canon 450d
Another dog - Bernese Mountain Dog

Maybe if I'm real good I'll get all three? Hahah

Reality list:
New camera (but maybe not the digislir
ssad.gif
!)
MAC Stuff

I sound so spoilt. Yes I am. harhar.

lizardprincesa

We are so fortunate as to be able to celebrate *several* holidays, as we are a culturally diverse household. I didn't grow up with Santa, but nevertheless, our holiday brought Warmth, Light & Joy ( & nice little presents.)
smiles.gif

I don't make a wishlist; in fact, I tell my hubby not to get me anything, as he spoils me throughout the year, even when we are struggling financially.
He never listens, tho, & he always gets me something. The only thing I want very much right now is a book, a biography of Theda Bara, & my hubby wants it, as well, so hopefully, we will be able to share this gift.

Hubby's mom sends me gifties from England, as in skin care items, or a bit of $ for *guess what*...you guessed it-M/U Probably a MAC item!
smiles.gif
, but I'd rather she'd come and visit, as my husband misses her so much.
So now you all know what I want to get for my husband for his XMas.

I think our little one will be the most gifted this year
( & probably every year.)
smiles.gif

I never knew how much fun it would be to hear a little boy's joyful laughter at receiving gifties from people who adore him.
He's lucky, as his birthday is in November,
then comes Chanukah & then XMas/Yule.
We will gift him for all of these holidays.
smiles.gif

(stray thought: When I worked for an eduactional program, we received donations from all over the place to deliver toys, clothing, food, to less fortunate families, during the holiday season.
I wonder why we didn't do it all year 'round.

I hope we can donate all year, even when times are rough.)

I also hope my husband gets a few Days off during these holidays, as Togetherness is the most beautiful gift we can possibly receive.

xxCherylFaitxx

RoseyPosey

probably gift cards like i did for my birthday! i made a killing that way! hahaha (ex. see my hual thread lol)

I really want clothes and stuff, but i hate people buying them for me, so i just ask for giftcards or a gift card to MAC. especially bc SO and I are about to close on our first house, and i wont have a ton of money to spend of makeup and clothes.

Mercurial

I love the holidays, especially more so that I'm going home as I've not been back there for about six months now.

Some things I'd like:

MAC! LE stuff especially.

Yankee candles

Digital camera

Have just about finished my Christmas shopping too, I love it when the shops are festive
yes.gif

Rennah

I'm not really too excited about Christmas this year (at least, I'm not excited about the gift-giving & getting).

I never believed in Santa Claus. Our parents told us from the start that Santa wasn't real, the story of Santa originated with Saint Nicholas, and that he wasn't really going to bring us presents through the fireplace. lol.

Instead, we had Grandma Claus! Our grandma loooved shopping and spoiled us every year.

She died this past April.
ssad.gif
I miss her every single day. I love her sooo sooo much & I know she loved us too. Christmas is going to be so sad without her... she always used to spend the night at our house on Christmas Eve. She loved watching us open our "Grandma Claus" presents, and I loved seeing the smile on her face as we opened them.

All I want for Christmas is my grandma back!!!
ssad.gif

I'll just try to focus on the REAL reasons I celebrate CHRISTmas in the first place - God's amazing gift to us, and spending time with the rest of my family.

User93

Tish, Makeba, Rbella and LizardPrincesa, you are totally awesome! I love reading inspiring posts like that. I think it is really important in such holidays to realise what is really important for us, to thank for what we have, and simply to feel happy. I think nothing material can matter more than this magic and miracles in the air, holiday mood, and seeing your closest people happy. Christmas and New Year always made me feel happy, since I was a kid!

There are things way more important than presents, but yeah, getting presents is soooo fun too! Surely you can get stuff all the year around, but I like saving up, and not asking for anything, so I get some holidat treats! I actually love picking and giving the presents the same, if not even more than getting some! So I'm excited about buying presents too!

lizardprincesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennah
Instead, we had Grandma Claus! Our grandma loooved shopping and spoiled us every year.

I am so sorry about your grandma, sweety. I know how you feel, and i know
how it hurts, that 1st occasion without our beloved person...I remember when my grandpa passed...how "festive" occasions were so difficult...He passed in 1983. I still miss him desperately, but through the years, the pain is alot less...I dream of him calling me "maidele," his special word to me, when I'm especially stressed...i am still connected to him,
& I always will be.

My grandma is 96 (or 97 (?) & she loves Hannukah, so I hope I can get to visit her during those 8 Days.
I find it difficult to imagine Hannukah without her...

i hope I haven't said anything to upset you. I send you my deepest condolences and HeartVibes, & I pray you recall your grandma's generosity of spirit & let yourself enjoy as much as you possibly can, as your beloved
"Grandma Claus" surely would want you to be happy.

xxxxxxxxCherylFaithxxxxxxxx

coachkitten

I love Christmas and the Holiday season! I get more excited about buying and/or making gifts and wrapping them for the people I love than getting them. I try to pick up subtle hints through out the year of what people want so I can get the "perfect" gift for my family/friends.

This year I can't think of a whole lot that I personally want. But I would love some various MAC items, money/gift cards, and a new I-pod.

I can't believe that Christmas is only 2 months away!
santa.gif

xsnowwhite

I really really want a sony vaio cs for christmas! I doubt I will get it though, ha. I also asked for the mini incanto charms fragrance set and a mac gift card
Oh aha it was funny, I had "MAC gift card" on my list and my dad was like mac, you want a mac computer and a vaio ? And im like nooo dad mac makeup, duh. And hes like oh I thought you meant the ipod store...ahah

panther27

Quote:
I'm not really too excited about Christmas this year (at least, I'm not excited about the gift-giving & getting).

I never believed in Santa Claus. Our parents told us from the start that Santa wasn't real, the story of Santa originated with Saint Nicholas, and that he wasn't really going to bring us presents through the fireplace. lol.

ssad.gif
I miss her every single day. I love her sooo sooo much & I know she loved us too. Christmas is going to be so sad without her... she always used to spend the night at our house on Christmas Eve. She loved watching us open our "Grandma Claus" presents, and I loved seeing the smile on her face as we opened them.

ssad.gif

I'll just try to focus on the REAL reasons I celebrate CHRISTmas in the first place - God's amazing gift to us, and spending time with the rest of my family.

Oh I am so sorry
ssad.gif
I so know how you feel,my dad and my grandparents are gone,and what I would REALLY want for Christmas would be my dad back and my grandparents.

VeXedPiNk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFaenyx
We celebrate Yule, which is pretty much a celebration of the winter solstice, and the rebirth of the Sun God. And SO many Christmas traditions are actually Pagan, so we're basically celebrating christmas, with a different name.

I too celebrate Yule
smiles.gif
Although the rest of my family celebrates Christmas, I find it easy for me to incorporate my beliefs into the festive times I share with them.

Quote:
ssad.gif

ssad.gif

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma! I lost an aunt in Sept. 2006, and that first Christmas was really hard. She was the glue that held our family together, the one that did all the preparation for our family gathering, bought gifts for everyone. I promise it gets easier! Hopefully this season brings some joy and peace to your family
smiles.gif

spectrolite

I LOVE Christmas. I'm not a Christian or religious but I just love having a little party with my close friends and eating yummy food and mince pies, watching A Christmas Carol, and of course exchanging presents
greengrin.gif
It's a good day to just have fun and spend time with people you love, enjoying life.

Okay for my wishlist:

- Van Cleef + Arples Feerie perfume
- A Dvd of the movie Sunshine
- Andrew Lang's fairy books
- Some black + purple Nike Air max sneakers - I might end up just getting these for myself this weekend. I can't wait until Christmas!
- Jean Paul Gaultier Madame perfume
- A new watch

I think that's it really. A gift card would be nice too hehe >_<

user79

I'm an atheist but we still celebrate Christmas. I don't associate it with religious practices, just more about good food and being together with family and exchanging presents.
smiles.gif
I looove Christmas tbh!

This year I hardly have any time off from work
ssad.gif
That sucks.

I'm not sure what I want for Xmas yet. Maybe some gift cards for MAC, a watch...I think I may buy myself a new laptop for Xmas.
th_DANCE.gif

AdlersMommy22

This is my first christmas with a baby so im excited to buy him stuff-- but I know he wont really care... I bought him this elephant the other day that when you push its nose it laughs and vibrates on the floor and Adler thought that was the best thing EVER ....for about 2 minutes. Then he couldnt crawl to it and got pissed and started chewing on my cat's toy-- and then i took that away from him and he was even more pissed so all-in-all the "buying my son a toy" thing was a bust.

Im pry going to get him a toy laptop though because he's obsessed with mine so maybe he'll play with his instead *wishfull thinking*... Im only going to spend about $150 on him... i dont think 7 month olds really NEED that many toys hahaha....

Every year my mom, brother, and I (and htis year, Adler) go to Christmas eve mass and then drop off a whole bag of groceries for a Christmas Dinner at the poor part of our town.. its so much fun ringing the doorbell and running and geting back in our car and speeding off haha.. its been a tradition for YEARS... but sometimes i wonder if people get offended??? i dunno.. im just paranoid about things like that.

Im asking for nothing more than gift cards- either to macy's or MAC... Thats reallllly all I want. That and for my son's father to not get joint custody because he wants him dead- but thats something I'm going to have to pray for, I think. :)

lilsuzy

I love Xmas! I like when everything is decorated from the streets, to homes to the Mall! I love it love it! I totally decorate my whole home for Xmas!! I have a wish list but cant say i will get all that I want if its one thing im hoping Santa really comes threw for me this year and buy me a MAC computer!!!!! and stuff my stocking with lots and lots of gift cards and MAC!!! I girl can dream right??? hahah be lucky! I just really hope for a great family xmas all together really!! Wonder if Santa is overwhelmed with requests since half the US is BROKE or lost their homes!!

mtrimier

mine list is short and now that i look at it, odd:

mac gift card
target gift card
candy (no godiva/fancy chocs; stuff like fun dip, now & laters, sour punch straws)
make me some macaroni and cheese (real mac & cheese, no kraft)

Shadowy Lady

I'm not religious but I do like Xmas
smiles.gif
I will be on vacation this year during Xmas so I'll try to buy all my presents before we leave. I don't have a list for me as I don't really need anything. I will be grateful for anything I get though...

nelyanaphonexia

well for the holidays my family is split:
part of my family is Christian and celebrate Christmas so I get X-Mas gifts from them and the other half of my family is Jewish so I also celebrate and get Hanukkah gifts as well!

This year is different though because I'm getting married. I'm spending all my "gift" money to ensure that all my best friends and family can fly to my wedding on Dec. 20th.

I also plan to keep doing the volunteer work I do at soup kitchens for the holidays. I also like to go through all my stuff and donating things that I never use to charities/the Goodwill during the holiday season.

I hate to see all the tempers and and just plain hatred spreading around the holiday season, so to keep cheerful, I don't really ask for anything or really expect any gifts. I just love enjoying my family and the fun that is winter and the holidays. But since most of my family knows I love the arts and makeup. They usually get me some sort of art supply/piece of art work or gift card to Sephora or MAC. One year I got a fabulous piece of art work one of my family members picked up for me from a a gallery in Dallas. I just love getting art work for Christmas.
smiles.gif

My gift to my fiancé and his gift back to me (by then he will be my HUSBAND!!!) is our honeymoon which is a trip to Whistler, CA for skiing and other such wintery fun. Then we are flying down to Vegas to thaw out and do some shopping and see some awesome shows. Then we get to move into our new home in Overland Park/Kansas City, KS!!

The holidays are just TOO exciting for me this year! I can hardly wait!

Latest posts