Sarah Palin

Holly

What scares me a lot too is if McCain does become president, and Palin becomes his VP, there's a slight chance with his age that he may not survive his first before term is up... then she would take over as president.

*shudder*

photogeek

interesting discussion all, thanks for starting this thread!
my friends can only put up with so much of my election babble.

just want to give you all a fantastic website called FactCheck.org-- it's a nonpartisan (they really do look hard at BOTH sides, which I like about them a lot.) organization that keeps political facts in check. I honestly COULD NOT BELIEVE how much politicians LIE outright, or cherry-pick quotes, or even make them up. It's beyond crazy and I wish I could tell everyone...a lot of the stuff mccain and palin (esp.) have been repeating over and over are just plain false, it's almost to the point where it's comedic that they can get away with lying right into the camera and livingrooms of americans.

anyway, I'll shush and let the articles speak for themselves
winks.gif

FactCheck.org
I have it on RSS feed so I can see new articles when they come up, I honestly don't have a ton of trust in big media anymore (and NONE in FoxNews..it's worse than the politicans by far.)

check it out!
meg

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly
What scares me a lot too is if McCain does become president, and Palin becomes his VP, there's a slight chance with his age that he may not survive his first before term is up... then she would take over as president.

*shudder*

Some radical feminist would probably pick her off in the name of Roe v Wade if that happened lol I could just see it now, some crazy militant chick with giant combat boots and a beret, with a nunchuk made of flaming bras....I'm getting carried away lmao

Kayteuk

Quote:

*shudder*

I think the question is.. Do you really want a president who dies from a cold winter or type 2 diabetes? :)

The reason he picked her is because he knows if he doesn't survive he will go down in history too as being the person before the FIRST lady president...I hate politics.

bellaconnie80

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
OK, so you may not agree with her views, but that doesn't make her a "bitch" or even a "crazy bitch". Name calling is not exactly a productive way to supplement your view.

I call a spade a spade and Palin is a bitch really a crazy bitch.

I'm sick of people always respecting people in power. When they are horrible people and do horrible jobs they should be called for what they are.

If you spend 3 years as a community organizer growing your organization from a staff of 1 to 13 and your budget from $70,000 to $400,000, then become the first black President of the Harvard Law Review,create a voter registration drive that registers 150,000 new African Amerian voters, spend 12 years as a Constitutional Law professor,then spend nearly 8 more years as a State Senator representing a district with over 750,000 people, becoming chairman of the state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, then spend nearly 4 years in the United States Senate representing a state of nearly 13 million people, sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public Works and Veteran's Affairs committees, you are woefully inexperienced.

If you spend 4 years on the city council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people, then spend 20 months as the governor of a state with 650,000 people, you've got the most executive experience of anyone on either ticket, are the Commander in Chief of the Alaska military and are well qualified to lead the nation should you be called upon to do so because your state is the closest state to Russia.

It looks like Obama has A LOT more experience than McCain and Palin combined.

Kayteuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaconnie80

I'm sick of people always respecting people in power. When they are horrible people and do horrible jobs they should be called for what they are.

If you spend 3 years as a community organizer growing your organization from a staff of 1 to 13 and your budget from $70,000 to $400,000, then become the first black President of the Harvard Law Review,create a voter registration drive that registers 150,000 new African Amerian voters, spend 12 years as a Constitutional Law professor,then spend nearly 8 more years as a State Senator representing a district with over 750,000 people, becoming chairman of the state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, then spend nearly 4 years in the United States Senate representing a state of nearly 13 million people, sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public Works and Veteran's Affairs committees, you are woefully inexperienced.

If you spend 4 years on the city council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people, then spend 20 months as the governor of a state with 650,000 people, you've got the most executive experience of anyone on either ticket, are the Commander in Chief of the Alaska military and are well qualified to lead the nation should you be called upon to do so because your state is the closest state to Russia.

It looks like Obama has A LOT more experience than McCain and Palin combined.

Thank you so much for posting that! Someone who shares my exact view!
th_worship.gif

kimmy

it really doesn't matter whether she opposes abortion or not. one person cannot overturn the roe v wade ruling. one person in the american government can do scarcely anything. almost everything takes an act of congress and i think it's absolutely absurd to think that if palin comes into any sort of federal power, we'll all be doomed.

ps. the roe v wade ruling was handed down in 1973. since then we have had richard nixon, gerald ford, ron reagan, george hw bush and george w bush in office...all republicans. has it been overturned yet? NOPE.

Shimmer

Quote:

I believe in calling a spade a spade too, and calling someone a crazy bitch isn't a testament to their personality, it's a testament to an inability to convey verbally what the displeasure for the personality is.
It's also unnecessary invective in a thread that has potential to spiral very heatedly, so I'd appreciate it if it were kept to a minimum.

*Stargazer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Pixie04
I still think that latest baby was her daughter's and they covered it up...why the hell can't anyone find a picture of her pregnant with him, but there were pictures of her daughter with a swollen midsection and she left school for like 5 or 6 months....I've known kids who've gotten mono and they don't stay out of school for a half a year...but the ones who get pregnant do...

There are pictures of her all over the 'net when she was pregnant. Look at this one. It doesn't show her stomach but there is NO way in hell she could have faked the weight gain in her face.

Secret's out: Palin pregnant (03/06/08): Top Stories | adn.com

This "scandal" is one of the lamest things I've seen come out in this election and it shows how running scared this VP pick has the Dems. Can no one do math? If the girl is due at the end of December then she would have had to get pregnant while pregnant with the kid born in April. That's a pretty freaking amazing conception.

TheeBettyBoop

Palin -she what?!

She doesnt believe on Global Warming????????
ssad.gif

Someone forward this to me...

After reading this, what do you guys think?

Eve Ensler, the American playwright, performer, feminist and activist best known for "The Vagina Monologues", wrote the following about Sarah Palin.

Drill , Drill , Drill

I am having Sarah Palin night mares. I dreamt last night that she was a member of a club where they rode snow mobiles and wore the claws of drowned and starved polar bears around their necks. I have a particular thing for Polar Bears. Maybe it's their snowy whiteness or their bigness or the fact that they live in the arctic or that I have never seen one in perso nor touched one. Maybe it is the fact that they live so comfortably on ice. Whatever it is, I need the polar bears.

I don't like raging at women. I am a Feminist and have spent my life trying to build community, help empower women and stop violence against them. It is hard to write about Sarah Palin. This is why the Sarah Palin choice was all the more insidious and cynical. The people who made this choice count on the goodness and solidarity of Feminists.

But everything Sarah Palin believes in and practices is antithetical to Feminism which for me is part of one story -- connected to saving the earth, ending racism, empowering women , giving young girls options, opening our minds, deepening tolerance, and ending violence and war.

I believe that the McCain/Palin ticket is one of the most dangerous choices of my lifetime, and should this country chose those candidates the fall-out may be so great, the destruction so vastin so many areas that America may never recover. But what is equally disturbing is the impact that duo would have on the rest of the world . Unfortunately, this is not a joke. In my lifetime I have seen the clownish, the inept, the bizarre be elected to the presidency with regularity.

Sarah Palin does not believe in evolution. I take this as a metaphor. In her world and the world of Fundamenta lists nothing changes or gets better or evolves. She does not believe in global warming. The melting of the arctic, the storms that are destroying our cities, the pollution and rise of cancers, are all part of God's plan. She is fighting to take the polar bears off the endangered species list. The earth, in Palin's view, is here to be taken and plundered. The wolves and the bears are here to be shot and plundered. The oil is here to be taken and plundered. Iraq is here to be taken and plundered. As she said herself of the Iraqi war, "It was a task from God."

Sarah Palin does not believe in abortion. She does not believe women who are raped and incested and ripped open against their will should have a right to determine whether they have their rapist's baby or not.

She obviously does not believe in sex education or birth control. I imagine her daughter was practicing abstinence and we know how many babies that makes.

Sarah Palin does not much believe in thinking. From what I gather she has tried to ban books from the library, has a tendency to dispense with people who think independently. She cannot tolerate an environment of ambiguity and difference. This is a woman who could and might very well be the next president of the United States. She would govern one of the most diverse populations on the Earth.

Sarah believes in guns. She has her own custom Austrian hunting rifle. She has been known to kill 40 caribou at a clip. She has shot hundreds of wolves from the air.

Sarah believes in God. That is of course her right, her private right. But when God and Guns come together in the public sector, when war is declared in God's name, when the right s of women are denied in his name, that is the end of separation of church and state and the undoing of every thing America has ever tried to be.

I write to my sisters. I write because I believe we hold this election in our hands. This vote is a vote that will determine the future not just of the U.S., but of the planet. It will determine whether we create policies to save the earth or make it forever uninhabitable for humans. It will determine whether we move towards dialogue and diplomacy in the world or whether we escalate violence through invasion, under mining and attack. It will determine whether we go for oil, strip mining, coal burning or invest our money in alternatives that will free us from dependency and destruction. It will determine if money gets spent on education and healthcare or whether we build more and more methods of killing. It will determine whether America is a free open tolerant society or a closed place of fear, fundamentalism and aggression.

If the Polar Bears don't move you to go and do everything in your power to get Obama elected then consider the chant that filled the hall after Palin spoke at the RNC, " Drill Drill Drill ." I think of teeth when I think of drills. I think of rape. I think of destruction. I think of domination . I think of military exercises that force mindless repetition, emptying the brain of analysis, doubt, ambiguity or dissent. I think of pain.

Do we want a future of drilling? More holes in the ozone, in the floor of the sea, more holes in our thinking, in the trust between nations and peoples, more holes in the fabric of this precious thing we call life?

Eve Ensler
September 5, 2008

zeroxstar

Re: Palin -she what?!

she isn't qualified to be VP! I
... she has no experience, at ALL.. she's quoted in an interview saying she doesn't know what the VP even does?? .
but wow..this makes her seem even more.. i dunno

zeroxstar

Quote:
I'm really really really worried girls... I mean this crazy bitch wanted to have rape victims pay for their examinations(to prove they were raped) she wanted them to pay $500 and force them to give birth(no abortion option) and then she tried to fire a librarian for not banning certain books.. seriously this bitch is NUTS!!!

Not only this but she doesn't even believe in allowing aboritions to girls who were raped by their fathers..what kind of crap is that???

I seriously cannot believe that there is even the possibility of this women becoming our VP.. and maybe even President considering how old McCain is. She's not only against pro-life, but she doesn't even believe in sex-ed in schools... thinks we should teach abstinence instead (yeah look how well that worked for her daughter!)

But beyond my own political disagreements with her she has NO experience and doesn't even seem to be that knowledgeable or smart to make up for it!

A few "Fun" facts about her:
-She was in an interview once saying she had NO IDEA what a VP does...
-McCain's wife thinks her lack of foreign policy won't be a problem because she is governor of the state closest to other foreign countries (yes, seriously LOL SNL did a parody of this in the video below)

Video Of Tina Fey as Sarah Palin on SNL:
Tina Fey As Sarah Palin On SNL (VIDEO)

bebegirl88

Quote:

*shudder*

Agree 100%
Sarah PALIN IS SHADY, I like how they called her sarah barracudda!!!!!!!!

xxManBeaterxx

I hope this woman's drama filled shady life makes voters steer away from her, if she does all these shady things and hides stuff from her own blood, why should she give a crap about us? Me personally, she represents everything i dont like, i also dont think she has enough experience, i mean just 2-3 years ago this woman wanted to be a news anchor, now shes running for VP! I mean why did mccain even choose her?? I know he needed publicity, and i guess bad publicity is better than none, but honestly, does he think this is a joke??

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

I'm in Australia, and we're hearing about her a lot as well. Some things that have really struck me, is yes the gay marriage thing ~ she apparntly has gay friends??? Then how can you not support it???!!!

Abortions - She doens't believe in them, even in circumstances like RAPE and INCEST! She is a WOMAN! How could she choose to have a child through those circumstances and discourage it!!! Are you freaking crazy!? And I agree with a top poster, that it is each persons RIGHT to have the choice of what you do and want...

OH and thats right this stuff on Russia - She thinks Russia started it (which Georgia did...) and has OPENLY said that she's happy to go to war with them...!

spectrolite

Quote:

*shudder*

Hmm President Palin.... ... .. . OMG that is sooooooo scary lol..
shockt.gif
For once I want someone in office that Americans can kind of be *proud* of. The office of the President has been a complete joke for so long now.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsnowwhite
I'm not defending Palin or trying to start anything huge, but I really do not think Obama is 'qualified' either. He has been senator, correct? for what, 2 years and part of that time he has been campaigning for president. I am honestly scared about all of our options at this moment in time.
I do agree Palin is not necessarilly qualified to be VP or president but on the other hand Obama does not have experience either.

Agreed. Something to ponder: Some say Obama doesn't have enough experience. Some say Palin doesn't have enough experience. Perhaps neither of them do. The difference? Obama wants to take the pilot's seat. Palin wants to take the co-pilot seat. Which makes more sense?

Secondly, regardless of how anyone feels about who is the better candidate, I am sick of people making jabs at her because she is a woman, is nice looking and dresses well. Refering to her as "bitch, calling her GOP barbie, or "another bush in the White House" is just fucking childish and grasping at straws. It just pisses me off that we have such double-standards as a nation. Passing judgement on a candidate because of her gender is about as nonsensical as passing judgement on Obama because of the colour of his skin. Yet mainstream media continues to demean her in this matter. Jesus...if the media gave Obama that same treatment. Wow.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroxstar
Not only this but she doesn't even believe in allowing aboritions to girls who were raped by their fathers..what kind of crap is that?...

The reality is that the right to choose will never be eliminated in the US. It is simply an issue that each candidate must take a side on to pander to their respective demographic. I am pro-choice, btw.

Not related to the above quote, but on a general note:

I am really frightened by the amount of e-fluff on candidates being thrown around the interent. I think it is dangerous to formulate your opinions from certain sources. Unless I see it in print, know who the source is understand the leanings of the messenger, I ignore it and consider it dryer fluff.

I am concerned because so many are formulating their opinion based on internet spam, jokes, forums (yeah, I said that), videos, race and gender, because their short attention spans can't be bothered to dig deeper and truly understand an issue and how it fits in the big picture. I really hope that people take this crap with a grain of salt, then do the research.

Beauty Mark

I think McCain did see something in her beyond being a woman. I have no idea what, but I think there are more qualified, easier to accept Republican women he could have picked. I don't care for her politics, but I also think it's way too simple to say he picked her because she's a woman

IMO, she is kind of dividing. She sounds extreme for many moderates, she does lack the experience, and I'm sure the hardcore Christians aren't thrilled with having her daughter pregnant out of wedlock. Whether you believe that any of this factors in doesn't matter for many voters, because it does factor in. That's what really perplexes me. Why would he pick someone with sort of a controversial past? I would have picked someone squeaky clean.

I think what scares everyone, though, is if McCain dies in office (I hate being morbid, but he is rather old), there's a chance Palin could be picking Supreme Court justices. That is scary, honestly. She can't totally overturn everything herself, but she would be able to have a hand in some of it.

bellaconnie80

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
The reality is that the right to choose will never be eliminated in the US. It is simply an issue that each candidate must take a side on to pander to their respective demographic. I am pro-choice, btw.

Not related to the above quote, but on a general note:

I am really frightened by the amount of e-fluff on candidates being thrown around the interent. I think it is dangerous to formulate your opinions from certain sources. Unless I see it in print, know who the source is understand the leanings of the messenger, I ignore it and consider it dryer fluff.

I am concerned because so many are formulating their opinion based on internet spam, jokes, forums (yeah, I said that), videos, race and gender, because their short attention spans can't be bothered to dig deeper and truly understand an issue and how it fits in the big picture. I really hope that people take this crap with a grain of salt, then do the research.

The sad thing is I have.. and Palin is not hated because she is a woman, she is hated for the type of human being she is.. and because she has hung herself by her own words McCain has forbidden her to do any more interviews.. now think about that, she is possibly the next VP and Americans are not 'allowed' to hear from her or question her on anything.. and we call this a democracy, we call this America???? yes girls PLEASE, do your research because we all need to wake up and look at the issues, after all thats what we voters are suppose to do.. look at the issues and how a candidate feels about them.. then vote based on that...its sad that such a tyrant can be forgiven because she is a woman
ssad.gif
its not about gender at all its about keeping a crazy person out the White house.. please.. please keep her out...

Latest posts