Satin Taupe Eyes....

DaniPhiSig

Here's my latest using brown and purple shades on my eyes. This is my first time using eyeshadow as a liner underneath the eye, so any tips on how to do that really well would be appreciated. This is also my first time using brown and purple together...I'm normally afraid to use colors other than light neutrals....CC is VERY much appreciated. (I feel like I could go a little bit darker with both the Satin Taupe and the Nocturnelle?) Thanks!

Please excuse if I look sweaty in any photos...the A/C went out, and since I live in Phoenix, things tend to heat up pretty quickly when that happens. Ick!...oh and I STILL have not fixed my brows yet...I'll do it this week I promise!

Face--
Bare Minerals Foundation SPF 15--Tan (3N)
Bare Minerals Mineral Veil-Tinted
MAC Powder Blush-Buff

Eyes--
MAC E/S-Satin Taupe (lid)
MAC E/S-Nocturnelle (crease and lining lower lashes)
MAC E/S-Retrospeck (entire browbone)
Lancome Color Focus E/S-Daylight (upper browbone)
Maybelline Collassal Volume Mascara-Brownish Black
MAC Eye Kohl-PowerSurge (lining upper lashes)

Lips--

MAC Lip Pencil-Spice (lining upper and lower lips)
Maybelline Moisture Whip Lipstick-Mocha Ice
Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Gloss-Juiced Berry

satintaupeeye.jpg

satintaupeeye3.jpg

DSCN9849.jpg

DSCN9862.jpg

DSCN9852.jpg

Here's how it all looks in natural daylight:

DSCN9847.jpg

Aremisia

Hey there! You are gorgeous, and I really like this look. I tend to do really light makeup, so while you could go heavier on the shadows, it's something to work up to. I know I always have to go WAY heavier than I think I should for something to really show up.
I've found that lining under the eye works best for me if I sort of tilt my chin down and look up. then I take a little angled brush or a flat stiff brush and tap the color on right on top of my lashes at the very base(so where I want the color to end up is under the lashes where I put color). Then I can go back and smudge it in and clean up my lashes. Alternately, you can go underneath your bottom lashes and snug the liner right up against the base of your lashes. Yours looks good though!
Nocturnelle and Satin Taupe are two of my FAV colors together.

Candy Christ

I love this. You should totally try something crazy like Clarity somewhere one day, it'd look gorgeous with your neutrals.

gildedangel

This is very pretty! Try going darker next time if you go out at night or go to a party, you could totally pull it off!

cupcake_x

You look beautiful. I love the neutral colors, they look fab on you.
Your smile is so pretty, btw.

blackeneddove

Are you using a base/primer on your eyes? It would definately make the colors pop alot more, although I must say you pull off the sheer color very well!
For lining my lower lashline, I would recommend using a thin brush like a liner brush or angled brush (I use MAC's 266 brush) it gives alot more control! Oh and dont forget to use your base under your eye too or else the color will fade faster.. I always forget to!

DaniPhiSig

Thanks for all the help ladies...especially the tips for lining with eyeshadow. This is all still new for me, but I am having a blast matching colors together. :)