Satin Taupe vs. Smoke and diamond

swedishlina

SOS.gif
I have a very small eyeshadow mac collection, but a heck of a lot of pigments. So I have been thinking of expanding my eyes shadows this week. I have Satin Taupe and have been thinking of buying Smoke & Diamond.
th_dunno.gif
Should I have both or should I be happy with just Satin Taupe.
th_confused_new.gif

Many thanks for all your help
specktra_rocks.gif
and to all of you that know so much about mac all I can do is
th_worship.gif

hhunt2

Both e/s's are labeled a type of "taupe" on Mac's website but Satin Taupe is a brown, taupe shimmer and Smoke & Diamonds is a grey, taupe shimmer.

I say get Smoke & Diamonds! Both are beautiful colors. Might as well expand your collection with s&d.

gabi03

Satin Taupe for me just doesn't do anything, its more brownish with a purple tint when i swatch it but Smoke and Diamonds is definitely more grey toned. I personally like SD more than ST, but like hhunt said, just get both
yes.gif

Cherrymint

When I compare them I see that Smoke & Diamonds(to me is a cool tone) has a hint of green*IMO*...and Satin Taupe(to me is a warm tone) has a hint of purple*IMO*. As mentioned above they are both a taupe color *greyish brown* so that is the only difference I see in them. You can use each one for a different look/effect depending on what you are going for.

Here are some swatches I found online*Sorry, I would swatch them myself if I my camera worked!
cry.gif

Source: mezzamy.blogspot.com

smoke9.jpg

smoke8.jpg

swedishlina

Thank you very much Ladies for all getting back to me so quick.

choochoo.gif
Well I bit the bullet and bought S&D today, very happy in the end especially when I swatched them against each other in the store. I also got my self some strobe liquid, a test of the Fast Response Eye Cream and Crystal Avalanche which I love a love and hate relationship with. Today I loved it so I grabed it, if nothing else it's a great highlighter for the tearduct area.
mac_haul.gif

So to all of you that responded to my cry for help I take a
th_worship.gif
specktra_rocks.gif
that is all I can say!!!!!!!
I am a convert and have now realised that
mac_addict.gif

ForgetRegret

Crystal Avalanche makes a GREAT tearduct highlight, but it also looks beautiful on the browbone, I just use a 224 to get a nice sheer wash of it.
greengrin.gif

L1LMAMAJ

buy both. they do have similarities but they're essentially different. to me they're both gunmetal grey colors except ST sometimes appears brownish/plum to me. u gotta get SD cuz the starflash formula is buttery smooth!! i find that sometimes if I blend out ST too much, it loses its sheen and just looks brown.

Dani California

Oh damn they are all sold out of SD here Booooooooooo!!

Anyway, I may have discovered some dupes hehe
greengrin.gif

stila diamond lil is apparently a good dupe
also benefits new one where theres smoke

I'm sure theres more, I'll got rattle my brain a bit! Hope that helps somebody though!