Save on textbooks - Chegg.com

belle89

Hey guys and gals! I know many of you are college students so I wanted to tell you all about Chegg.com. You can save hundreds renting your textbooks for the semester. Chegg ships them to you fast and at the end of the term you ship them back for free! Also, they plant a tree for every book you rent.

Don't forget to use this promo code CC105178so you can get an extra 5% off your entire order.
Chegg also buys back books. If you use promo code CC105178you get an extra $5 back, too.
yahoo.gif
To my knowledge, the code does not expire.

MACATTAK

Do you know if you are able to highlight in the books? Also, what if you happen to get the wrong book? Do they refund you, or are you stuck with renting it?

belle89

MACATTAK, I found the answers for you on their website:

Highlighting: Remember that rentals are intended for multiple users. As a courtesy to your fellow students, please limit highlighting and do not write in books. Please also guard against loss, theft, or damage. Be sure to keep them in good condition for the next person!

Wrong book: If you're not satisfied in any way with your order or it turns out you don't need the book, just return the book within 30 days and we'll provide a full refund.

kaliraksha

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle89
Also, they plant a tree for every book you rent.

This is really neat! I wish publishing companies did that for every book I've bought for school... I don't have to tell you how expensive text books are.

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle89
MACATTAK, I found the answers for you on their website:

Highlighting: Remember that rentals are intended for multiple users. As a courtesy to your fellow students, please limit highlighting and do not write in books. Please also guard against loss, theft, or damage. Be sure to keep them in good condition for the next person!

Wrong book: If you're not satisfied in any way with your order or it turns out you don't need the book, just return the book within 30 days and we'll provide a full refund.

Thank you! I'm not trying to be lazy,
tong.gif
and I did check out the site. I found the answer to my 2nd question, but not the first. I'm going to definitely give this site a try this semester!

belle89

bumping again. Someone may find this helpful since school is starting soon for the fall.

SUMM3RxBABii

Thank you so much! I'm actually starting college this fall and one of my biggest concerns is buying the expensive books for college. I've heard some stories of these books being real wallet hole drillers!

But I only have one question....so you basically rent a book and when you return it, they give you back the exact price you paid for to rent the book?

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMM3RxBABii
Thank you so much! I'm actually starting college this fall and one of my biggest concerns is buying the expensive books for college. I've heard some stories of these books being real wallet hole drillers!

But I only have one question....so you basically rent a book and when you return it, they give you back the exact price you paid for to rent the book?

Since you are renting the book, you pay to rent it. You don't get a refund after you've returned it. You are basically just saving a bit to rent them, instead of buying the books at full price. I looked into this last semester, and I was only going to save a little bit, and some of my books they didn't have, so I opted to purchase my books. By doing this, I was able to sell them back at the end of the semester and make some money back. If you rent them, you don't have this option.

SUMM3RxBABii

Has anyone tried Collegebookrenter.com ? The prices seem a bit cheaper. Damn. This means no makeup spree for a while
ssad.gif

embabe89

I also recommend chegg. I saved over $300 on books last semester, it was crazy. Definitely check it out.

Latest posts