Saving for the Summer 2014? Anyone?

jchait

Yes, I did recently just join this site. In all honesty, I have been lurking for a while....but I finally joined!
yahoo.gif
So in my creeping, I have started saving all my extra money for the newest collections coming out as of April. I know, I am a makeup addict/nerd/obsesser/fanatic. And I am okay with that! So far, I have about $500 saved up....enough to get me through probably the MBR on the 1 April, and the Playland collection ( I WILL be buying the entire collection!) I'm trying to figure out how much I should save if I want to buy ..... pretty much uh ....... everything from every collection (at this point, my boyfriend just rolls his eyes and laughs at me he thinks I am ridiculous but I know I'm not). I know I'm not alone in my MAC dilemma, right?
anyone.gif

steaminghot

Welcome. I not really saving. But just buying new brushes and palettes. This is the perfect time to do this for me sine I'm skipping a couple of these collection.

Marsha Pomells

I have a habit of spending as I go along. If I see something that I like in the MAC pro store/Selfridges counter, I buy it. I'm not too fussed about some of the collections coming out... Except for the 3D glitter collection

jchait

the 3d glitter looks to be amazing I am so excited to have something newish to mix up my vanity!

Im saving up aswell. What helps is putting all your lose change at the end of each day in a jar/bucket. You'll be surprised at how much you can save. When I was pregnant we managed to save $300 in just 4 months of lose change. That went towards the crib. So that is what im doing for the Maleficent/Lorde/Osborne collection.

jchait

Im saving up aswell. What helps is putting all your lose change at the end of each day in a jar/bucket. You'll be surprised at how much you can save. When I was pregnant we managed to save $300 in just 4 months of lose change. That went towards the crib. So that is what im doing for the Maleficent/Lorde/Osborne collection.
You're absolutely right I'm going to stay saving my change! I'm so excited for so many of the collections. I feel like MAC was kinda lacking the first few months and then BAM they load all the good stuff on us

ghopkins91

I'm currently on a self-imposed 100 day spending ban, my only exception was for the FoF collection. My ban ends just in time for the Playland collection - yay!

jchait

holy guacamole 100 day spending ban?! you have the willpower of the gods if you can not buy for 100 days

ghopkins91

holy guacamole 100 day spending ban?! you have the willpower of the gods if you can not buy for 100 days
I'm 'allowed' to replace things that I don't have BU's for - trust me, I'm on the verge of breaking!!
ohboy.gif
But I'm so determined to prove everyone wrong that has said I can't do it hehe
yahoo.gif

shontay07108

I never save for collections, but I like to plan out what I think I'll need a couple of weeks before a collection comes out. Right now I'm all up in the air. I can't say there's any one Mac collection I'm super excited about. I think that means my spending total will be very low. I shop across several brands so hopefully something exciting will pop up somewhere. I'd love to get my hands on that 3D glitter, but I'm funny about placing phone orders and I cannot be bothered to drag my butt to the pro store.

alexisweaver

I have such a hard time saving!!! There's always something new coming out, and I'm unfortunately an impulse buyer (oooOoo the thrills). Usually if I do know a MAC collection is near I take the nearest paycheck and dedicate it to that collection. I was supposed to be on a March no-buy but I've already spent over $200 on other beauty brands as I wait for the April collections. I have a problem, I know.

jchait

I have such a hard time saving!!! There's always something new coming out, and I'm unfortunately an impulse buyer (oooOoo the thrills). Usually if I do know a MAC collection is near I take the nearest paycheck and dedicate it to that collection. I was supposed to be on a March no-buy but I've already spent over $200 on other beauty brands as I wait for the April collections. I have a problem, I know.
Yeah I'm an impulse buyer too sometimes. Which is why I've basically allocated myself a certain amount of money per collection because if not....well......I go a little bit crazy lol

Sarah Marie

I am doing more than save. I am trying to sell. I am not really an impulse buyer but I do buy a little too much. I cant wait for the kelly osborne lipstick from MAC. I was told there was a lavender!
eyelove.gif

SARAH