scabs?

as_cute_as_pie

ive recently just re dyed my hair for a 2nd time and this week ive noticed 3 scabs (well noticed when scratching my head like u do...) and picked them all out (ew ew ew) and they were real scabs like bloody but hard and quite big and just gross
where on EARTH did these come from?
ive switched shampoo and conditioner recently and don't know if its from that or the dye or what?
the scabs seem to be gone for the time being but with the help of a mirror i just have this bloody patch left on my scalp now
any ideas??!?!?
im very interested to know the cause!

eastsidesunset

Weird, I get scabs (like, huge ones) on my head all the time. I have no idea what it's from, but I've actually lost patches of hair due to them! Hopefully someone can shed some light.

kimmy

it could be that your scalp is sensitive to something you're using, causing a kind of chemical burn.

MiCHiE

My first thought is some sort of chemical burn, also. But, bear in mind, your scalp is super sensitive. It's covered by hair and protected from the elements, so even heavy scratching could tear it.

Dreamergirl3

if you use heat tools make sure you're not having them too close to your scalp so you don't get burned...even if you're not touching your scalp, getting very close to the roots with a hot iron can still burn you, so careful!

user79

Yes, I've had this too. Most likely you're allergic to either the hair dye you used, or the new shampoo and conditioner. I got the same after using a TiGi Moisture Maniac shampoo which was crap and ruined my scalp.

I switched to using a Roche Posay shampoo, that totally took care of it. This is the one:
http://mfcomunicacion.com.ar/notiblo...ent/KERIUM.jpg

I used that like twice a week for 2 weeks, it got rid of all the scabs, and I could switch back to a normal shampoo. It's a bit expensive but worked really well, you have to let it soak on your scalp for a few minutes before rinsing, I think there is some ingredient that sloughs off the dead skin follicles.

Afterwards, I switched to using the Roche Posay Kerium Doux shampoo, it's made for sensitive scalp. It's really gentle and works really well on my long hair.

as_cute_as_pie

hey thanks for the replies
just got a new shampoo (just for colour though not scabby heads lol) the loreal proffesional colour one (in the pink bottle)
so see what happens with that
smiles.gif