School/Workplace Make-Up Rules?

Dark_Phoenix

Does your school or workplace have any rules regarding make-up?
What are they and do you break them?

Ours does (Moravian Christian boarding school) and I break them on a regular basis. We can't wear unnatural/garrish cosmetics (red lips for example), or anything deemed "distracting".

I've gotten in trouble for wearing red lips, any number of shadow colors, and for wearing eyeliner almost everyday (which they now ignore on me, lol, guess they're sick of seeing me in detention 1x a week). Usually, breaking the rules are punished by having detention, solo meal clean-up, or being banned from going off-campus for the week.

flowerhead

When I went to school wearing teal pigment or something they always made a huge fuss and made me wipe it off. Yet they didn't notice the girls with orange panstick, several layers of eyeliner and bubblegum pink lipgloss..facists!

knoxydoll

At work I'm not allowed to wear anything that isn't natural, so no colours other than nude. Mind you it's outside and I sweat like a pig so I usually don't much other than mascara and gloss with an spf

*Luna*

Not many women in my office wear make up to begin with. I have never been informed of any "rules" but I do tend to tone it down for work. I still wear color but never anyhting over the top. We do have huge fundraisers and benefits (I work in NP) and the last one we had was called GuitarMania and we auctioned off custom guitars. That night I wore Retro-speck, sushi flower, swish and black tied with some falsies all while rockin a black suit... no one said a word and I didn't care ;-)

astronaut

I used to work at Macy's, so they didn't care at all. And I school, I thiiinkkk* there might have been a rule in the handbook about makeup... maybe. But no one cares at all.

Beauty Mark

Nothing official, just look professional.

When I was in high school, they were just glad to have us there and decently clothed. I could've worn any kind of makeup, just as long as it wasn't like gang symbols.

amoona

Well I went to Catholic school and we would even get in trouble if we wore nail polish! lol but I didn't even start wearing make-up until I was 18.

Work - well my office job I wake up too early to do any make-up anyway but they never said anything bout "make-up rules". Then of course there's my MAC job and I don't think they mind much lol. Although we have a certain look we're supposed to do depending on the "trend" so I guess that's sort of a make-up rule.

Kimberleigh

I work for a university as an accountant. It's very relaxed so I can wear damn near anything (make-up and clothing-wise). I mean, I don't wear minis and a tube top, but today I wore my barbie t, a pair of jeans, and some sneakers.
smiles.gif

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
Well I went to Catholic school and we would even get in trouble if we wore nail polish!

I went to catholic school too.. in the 3rd grade i was a flower girl , and my mom said no nail polish but she did allow them to put a little french tip of white on my nails, with a little clear over it. I got in trouble at school! you could even hardly notice! but i got detention for it!!

aeni

I really don't remember any makeup incidents. My issue was hair. My mom was coloring my hair since I was 6 (no joke) to "make my hair stronger." One of my 6th grade teachers noticed it and kept warning me about it. I told her the colors my mom chose were always natural box colors. Hell I didn't even know what my natural color was until I was 17.

emilyjoy

I don't think my highschool had any rules, but I just barely started wearing makeup this year.
And as for my work, anything goes. I'm a telemarketer and where I work is really laid back. I can wear any clothes or makeup I want.

medusalox

I'm a parking enforcement officer (meter maid!), so I have too look all nice, polished, and respectable. Our uniforms are blue, so sometimes I'll swipe some dark blue in the crease when I'm doing the ever present neutral eye.
smiles.gif

I didn't really wear makeup in high school. My first few years of college, I wore whatever I wanted, which was usually bright colors (chrome yellow, whats up). But now I've transferred into essentially the police academy, so once again, I have to look nice and neutral.
smiles.gif
It's not a rule or anything, but the majority of my classmates are men who would be totally distracted by color. Case in point: I did a lime green kinda smoky eye one day, for fun. Totally unhinged my juvenile law class!
smiles.gif
Back to neutrals for me!

Whoo, sorry about the wordy post!

ginger9

Quote:
Originally Posted by medusalox
It's not a rule or anything, but the majority of my classmates are men who would be totally distracted by color. Case in point: I did a lime green kinda smoky eye one day, for fun. Totally unhinged my juvenile law class!
smiles.gif
Back to neutrals for me!

Haha that's like me, in my work environment the majority are men and it's so true they get TOTALLY distracted if they detect "make up"/colour.

I work in a bank and I dont think there are any rules but Im pretty sure that if you were wearing really wild makeup someone is going to say something. I know they dont let you wear tongue rings

Kiseki

I can only use corrective makeup at work, so no eyeliner on my waterline like I usually wear, but then again I'm a guy, so it's expected.

When I worked in retail I would wear anything I wanted and never got into trouble.

Schoolwise? When I was in school or college I never wore makeup.

Corien

I never tried anything out, I like to wear neutral colours(probably because I only have neutral colours) to school or work. The only thing that happened once at our school was when a guy was wearing a disturbing shirt (something about a monkey masturbating, but the penis was a banana... never actually watched that shirt), he had to wear one of my school shirts. We have people wearing those bright things road workers normally wear(those reflecting jackets) and whatever not, so I don't think they'll make a big fuss about it.

It will be different for my work. I work at a local supermarket, where a lot of elder people shop, so if I would wear really distracting colours on my face, they would ask me to take it off(or they will suddenly walk towards me with eye make-up remover they have in the store to start wiping it off themselves... yes I do actually think they will do that!), but they also have some rules about trousers and pants and stuff like that...

Leanne

I've never gotten into any trouble for wearing makeup.
The only 'negative' comment i've gotten from a teacher was "Leanne, don't you think your wearing too much eyeshadow today?"
I don't think there is any rules about it in my school either, although there was a rumour they were going to stop the younger years from wearing makeup.

Latest posts