Scoring cream blushes?

Kirsty

I've noticed in my MAC store that all the cream blushes are scored, like a brush has been dragged across the surface?

What are the pros for doing this?

LMD84

not sure to be honest. usually with cream products like that i stipple the brush over the product rather than dragging the brush along.

Penn

Here are my assumptions haha
They scrape off the top layer so that it may be more sanitary?
For samples
When they use it, they could scrape it into a a dish so they don't contaminate the whole blush

Again these are just my silly assumptions hehe

anita22

My assumption has always been that because people are constantly touching the products with their fingers, they rough up the surface a bit after sanitising so that it's not so obvious. Also, I've noticed that sometimes cream products seem to soften in hot, fluorescent store lighting, so wonder if it's really just to tidy up the product if it's warmed up a bit under the lights..

rosegasm

the artists probably scrape some onto their little metal palettes to put onto a client.

one did that when she tried on studio finish concealers on me.

erine1881

this is done to make them look pretty in the displayer. that's the only reason. it has nothing to do with sanitation. for sanitation a little bit is scraped out with a spatula or tissue and used off of that.

but as for them being scored in the displayer, its just for looks.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
this is done to make them look pretty in the displayer. that's the only reason. it has nothing to do with sanitation. for sanitation a little bit is scraped out with a spatula or tissue and used off of that.

but as for them being scored in the displayer, its just for looks.

random! but good to know i guess!
tong.gif