Search Engine Improvements?

gildedangel

Is there any chance that the search engine could be configured to show the most relevant threads first? The results show in order of last post, not relevance, which might be a big reason why people are having troubles with searching for threads. I can search for a specific thread name and the thread I want is on page two, behind all of these threads that seemingly have nothing to do with what I searched. Is fixing this a possibility?
smiles.gif

jens7lil1s

Well, I guess you are a step ahead of me, it always times out on me and says something like bandwith exceeded...............
th_confused_new.gif

MUALindsay

And I highly dislike that you can't search for "pro" because it's not 5 characters in length. Booo. And common words are also dis-included.

Willa

Same with MUFE or when I search for Make Up For Ever

Gives me an error message...?

nichollecaren

true...I cant search for some things because the words are too short...I'm currently on a page by page (using firefox 'find') search for "up the amp" and "girl about town"

anything that can be done to fix this would be awesome!

Cinci

I totally agree - sometimes I can't find what I am looking for when I search on specktra, and end up resorting to google and using quotations to find exact matches.. and then looking for results that are from specktra.. I would also *LOVE* increased search capabilities for the Clearance Bin Forum.. It's very hard to search for a brush, or for any products with super common or short names.. It would be nice if we could have it search for 3 or more letters, quotations for exact terms, multiple terms seperated by commas within brackets, etc...

Although.. For some reason I think the reason that the search does not work this way is not due to the fact that it isnt wanted that way, but due to programming constraints?

Pinky & Poodle

Searching this forum gives me grey hairs
ssad.gif

Since many of the product names are more that one word, like Up the Amp, Russian Red, Satellite Dreams etc, it's really hard to find them in the Clearance Bin (or anywhere else)

Could there be a feature like "..." and you search for the words combined?

I was looking for All Mine, and got so many irrelevant threads that I gave up
th_dunno.gif

Thank you
-Helle