seconds 'til sundown

myrifle

this is a sunset look I did yesterday,
I'm having trouble with getting the right lighting and clarity in the pictures, grr! its frustrating, but how do you guys get your pictures to be really clear and have good lighting all the time?

pic1sunset.jpg

picsunset2.jpg

sunsetpiceyes.jpg

face:
L'oreal True Match concealer
CG tinted moisturizer

Eyes:
CG Glistening Gold eye crayon
cheap copper/pinkish eyeshadow
cheap eyeshadow similar to trax
Rimmel eye crayon Wild Thing as brow hilight
mac blacktrack fluidline e/l
l'oreal Volume Shocking mascara

lips:
revlon lip lacquer in Beaming Blush
l'oreal HIP colorjuice in pixie in center of lips

any constructive criticsm please!!

faifai

very nice. glowy and pretty. i like your eyebrows and you have beautiful lips!

for the lighting, i usually stand in front of an open window (that has a screen) during daylight. that gives enough indirect light, but you're not squinting in all the pictures. for pics taken at night, i try to face a really bright lamp, and then take the picture.

myrifle

thanks everyone for your comments!

Quote:
for the lighting, i usually stand in front of an open window (that has a screen) during daylight. that gives enough indirect light, but you're not squinting in all the pictures. for pics taken at night, i try to face a really bright lamp, and then take the picture.

do you use flash for this, or is the natural light through the window enough? TY for the tip though, I'll try that next time
smiles.gif

faifai

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrifle
do you use flash for this, or is the natural light through the window enough? TY for the tip though, I'll try that next time
smiles.gif

I do use flash. Not the super-strong flash, but the regular one. If you don't use flash, it might come out blurry (and yes, I'm a total camera noob so I don't really know the proper terms for, er, any of it
smiles.gif
).