Secret Santa 2009

lyttleravyn

Yay! I set up the gift exchange on Elfster.com here is the link for anyone who is interested.

You're Invited to Join my Elfster Gift Exchange, 2009 Specktra Gift Exchange!

Okay, so I think there's enough interest to do this, so here we go:

* To participate you must have feedback somewhere, either here on Specktra, Makeupalley, or somewhere else. This is the best way to insure that no one is disappointed (although it's not a guarantee). Please PM me with where your feedback is after you sign up on Elfster.com.

* DEADLINE TO SIGN UP HAS PASSED.

* There is NO PRICE RANGE. Everybody's financial situation is different, so everyone can give what they can. The best gifts are always the most thoughtful ones.

* Once the deadline passes, Elfster automatically matches people up and you will receive the contact info for the person you are gifting to. You will then have the rest of the month to shop for your elf. It is up to you when to send your gift, but please try to send before December 16th. Keep in mind the postal services tend to slow down around the holidays.

* After the deadline, use this thread as a place where you can give your Santa a little bit of info about yourself and what you like. Another good way to get hints is to do a bit of snooping about the person's posts. If you have a specific question you'd like to ask your elf, PM me and I will ask them for you.

* After sufficient time has passed and hopefully everyone has received their gifts, I will post the list of who was who's Secret Santa here in this thread.

My feedback is on Ebay, usernames AriaCammeo and PDP890

Before you sign up, please seriously consider whether or not you will have the time and money to participate. No one wants to be disappointed.

Feel free to use the thread to ask questions, etc.

nursee81

that would be a really kool idea!!! I didn't do it last year but would love to do it this year!

carandru

oooo, I was hoping we would do it again this year! I had a lot of fun doing this last year. I'm definitely interested!!!

melozburngr

I'm in
smiles.gif

user79

elfster.com

I'll stick this thread if people actually do get it organized and participate.

Janice

If you all plan on doing a SS I would suggest you start soon so that gifts can be mailed the first week of December to avoid delays and to make sure everyone receives their package before xmas.

(wow that was long sentence)

Janice

I personally don't think it's a good idea to organize a SS with no deadline for people to send their packages by. I've seen too many of these gift exchanges on various boards with people upset and feeling left out because their package did not arrive by the holiday. Of course no one will complain, but it's a crappy feeling to watch everyone else get theirs and you have nothing because someone waited until 3 days before the holiday to mail your package. I just want your SS to be successful and everyone come out happy they participated.
smiles.gif

LMD84

plus if you have international people doing this you need things sent asap. post usually takes 5-7 days form the us to the uk. but i have just waited 10-11 days for a package to arrive. post is slowing down already and it will only get worse.

lyttleravyn

Only about a week left to sign up!
smiles.gif

AmiS4ys: if you are still having trouble, PM me with your email address and I can invite you privately

carandru

Just signed up! So excited!! I love SS. Seriously, I had so much fun last year shopping for my person and getting my package full of goodies.