sedu straightner-help

alwaysbella

I got this 'Sedu Ionic Ceramic Tourmaline Flat Iron (1 1/2")' as a gift and was way too happy when i first saw it because is somthing that i've been wanting, but after using it the first time i was so dissapointed. About 2 months i bought the Ion Conditioning Ionic-Ceramic Tourmaline Dryer from Sally's and im still to happy (worth every penny!) and thought of giving it away and staying with the Sedu when i first saw it. Anyway, after i used it the first time i felt like telling them to return it. My hair look dry with too many flyaways (not even my blowdryer)and sorof grayish since my hair is black. I read too many reviews on this and most of them says that is better than 'CHI', and did not work for me, my cheap Walmart does a better job. Why? is this because i did not use the right products and there's something "special" for straigtners, or i let my hair to dry completely? I used a second time at a lower setting thinking that it was too high and same $*#t. What to do??!! plz i need help, i want to keep it but i wanted to do a good job for me, otherwise im just going to return it. do you have one? any tips or advice on this???
ssad.gif

CantAffordMAC

Wait, i'm confused. What does the Sedu have to do with the blow dryer from Sally's?

I have the Sedu 1", and I like it. I've never had any problems. It doesn't snag my hair, or cause it to be dry or flyaways. Is your hair damaged? As far as products go, to be honest I really don't use much in my hair before I straighten it...I know its good to use a heat protector but my hair looks way better and keeps the style if I dont use product. I do like Healthy Sexy hair Soy Tri-Wheat leave in spray though. Also, Aquage Straightening Gel. Whatever you use, try to keep the product away from your roots and only use a little bit.

And btw, I blow my hair out (like with a round brush) and then go over each section with the flat iron. I wouldn't straighten your hair while it was damp if I was you....I've done that before and my hair came out puffy and frizzy and disgusting.

alwaysbella

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
Wait, i'm confused. What does the Sedu have to do with the blow dryer from Sally's?

I have the Sedu 1", and I like it. I've never had any problems. It doesn't snag my hair, or cause it to be dry or flyaways. Is your hair damaged? As far as products go, to be honest I really don't use much in my hair before I straighten it...I know its good to use a heat protector but my hair looks way better and keeps the style if I dont use product. I do like Healthy Sexy hair Soy Tri-Wheat leave in spray though. Also, Aquage Straightening Gel. Whatever you use, try to keep the product away from your roots and only use a little bit.

And btw, I blow my hair out (like with a round brush) and then go over each section with the flat iron. I wouldn't straighten your hair while it was damp if I was you....I've done that before and my hair came out puffy and frizzy and disgusting.

at that moment i was trying to say that my dryer did a better job than the sedu. But i tried again today and did the opposite. Wash my hair, let it dry and just before straighning my hair i used a heat protector, instead of putting the product on my hair while still damp and then let it dry. Well, it turned out wonderful. Luv it! lol -How about that-?
winkiss.gif

macchristyy

there were articles on people selling FAKE CHIs so this could be the case with your SEDU? but not sure if there are any counterfeit SEDUs out there but it can happen. you should just return it for a brand new one. maybe you got a bad one? but I PERSONALLY LOOOOVEEE my CHI. its the best in my opinion
thmbup.gif
you should check it out.

SO BE CAREFUL OUT THERE EVERYONE WHO ARE PLANNING TO PURCHASE A CHI. i advise you to only buy them from salons and beauty stores. DO NOT BUY THEM ONLINE. i even contacted the Farouk company which are the people who make the CHI straightener and they said only salons and beauty supply stores are authorized to sell them

heres one of the articles: Be Aware Of Hair Hairstyling Irons

nessa25

hi, i have the sedu 1.5 inch flat iron i got from folica .com & i love it but i have never had a different brand to compare it to. did you try applying maybe a little smoothing or shine serum after you are done ironing it? never iron your hair when its wet or damp. i even make sure the heat protectant has dried too. i used to put a little Bedhead girl toys or Afterparty mostly to my ends but lately ive been using Joico kpak shine & protect serum & like that. = )

alwaysbella

Quote:
Originally Posted by macchristyy
there were articles on people selling FAKE CHIs so this could be the case with your SEDU? but not sure if there are any counterfeit SEDUs out there but it can happen. you should just return it for a brand new one. maybe you got a bad one? but I PERSONALLY LOOOOVEEE my CHI. its the best in my opinion
thmbup.gif
you should check it out.

SO BE CAREFUL OUT THERE EVERYONE WHO ARE PLANNING TO PURCHASE A CHI. i advise you to only buy them from salons and beauty stores. DO NOT BUY THEM ONLINE. i even contacted the Farouk company which are the people who make the CHI straightener and they said only salons and beauty supply stores are authorized to sell them

heres one of the articles: Be Aware Of Hair Hairstyling Irons

Thanks for your advice, but my fam. got this from folica.com because a paper came inside the box and they told me so, also that's were i spend hrs. reading about this flat iron. but as it turns out, the first time i used it i did not do it right and end up with freeze smoky hair (my hair is chec. untreated)so i guess that the reason why. Today i tried againg and i fell inlove with it.
choochoo.gif
i apologyze for the post but at the moment i was too disappointed and did not wanted to give it a sec. chance...but i did and dont regret it.
tong.gif

alwaysbella

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessa25
hi, i have the sedu 1.5 inch flat iron i got from folica .com & i love it but i have never had a different brand to compare it to. did you try applying maybe a little smoothing or shine serum after you are done ironing it? never iron your hair when its wet or damp. i even make sure the heat protectant has dried too. i used to put a little Bedhead girl toys or Afterparty mostly to my ends but lately ive been using Joico kpak shine & protect serum & like that. = )

they got it from this site too (because that's the page i showed them)anyway, the first time i got it, after taking a shower i put on my hair the hair serum and let it completely dry, then use the iron. What i forgot is that if i dont use the serum or another heat protectant again before using the iron, then is like using nothing at all on my hair. Why? dont know. It happens even when i blow dry it. And so felt bad about how it look and came here for advice, hrs. later i remember that i didnt do it. And today i followed my 123 steps and it worked nicely. But thanks for taking some of your time to come in here and post. thanks

macchristyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysbella
Thanks for your advice, but my fam. got this from folica.com because a paper came inside the box and they told me so, also that's were i spend hrs. reading about this flat iron. but as it turns out, the first time i used it i did not do it right and end up with freeze smoky hair (my hair is chec. untreated)so i guess that the reason why. Today i tried againg and i fell inlove with it.
choochoo.gif
i apologyze for the post but at the moment i was too disappointed and did not wanted to give it a sec. chance...but i did and dont regret it.
tong.gif

well im glad everything turned out great for you
clap.gif

CantAffordMAC

I'm glad it worked for you
smiles.gif
Its amazing how different everyone's hair is. I used to not be able to blow dry my hair, so I would put in a heat protectant serum (redken smooth down heat glide) and then wait for my hair to air dry, then flat iron it. And it was fine. Everyone's different

Latest posts