Select MoistureCover Concealer?

user2

I think its much better than Select Cover-Up!
I moisturizes your skin and the little wipe is soo handy...and it stays nearly for days! I cant live without it!

SOLO x STAR

I have oily/combo skin, I hope it won't rub off.

Thanks for the tip!
th_wink3.gif

PrettyKitty

I was wondering the same thing.... I have combo skin, and if its too moisturizing, I'm afraid that it will rub off too easily and quickly.

So the coverage is amazing? And the color are the sames or they are darker? (Concealers Studio Stick are darker than Select Cover Up)

mspixieears

I've read on another site that it's better under eyes than it is on blemishes as it does seem to cause breakouts on comb skin, but it also got excellent reviews (on MUA). People on the m/u board there were saying they felt it was more suited to just concealing undereye.

user2

No the colors are the same...
I have combo skin myself and it doesnt rub off more easily than other concealers...
I thought that it has a non-agnetic formula *scratches her head* :?:

Jillith

I only use concealer under my eyes and for that purpose I am quite happy with the select moisture concealer. It doesn't cake or collect in tiny lines and it goes a long way to minimize my very dark circles. I'm an NC25 in fdn and the NC20 is perfect for covering under my eyes.

Star

I like that you can build up when you need to without getting all cake-y.

Shawna

I returned mine, it melted into my skin after an hour and my dark circles reappeared. The concealer in the pot works much better for me.

jeanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by VuittonVictim
No the colors are the same...
I have combo skin myself and it doesnt rub off more easily than other concealers...
I thought that it has a non-agnetic formula *scratches her head* :?:

MAC also said that Select SPF 15 Moistureblend compact foundation was non-acnegenic but it made me itch and break out! I had to stop using it after 2 days, which sucks because I liked the coverage. I guess it depends on your skin though... I used to be so allergic to Studio Fix years ago, but not anymore.

mspixieears

Moan!

I went to the MAC counter in one of our city centre department stores fully with the view of getting the right colour select moisturecover concealor. Then I went to look and test lipsticks.

I didn't have it on for even 10 mins, and already it had started to slip, accentuating the main crease under my eye (my lower lids have a line which makes it look like I have a teensy lid...does this make sense, or just sound gross?). It didn't sink into fine lines. I was really planning to get this; how can I stop it from slipping?

I do have the #194 concealor brush (just a tester applicator was used today) - will this help with putting it on if I do choose to get this concealor? Damn, I need a creme-type one as my skin is a bit too dry for the more solid one at present.

Please help!!!

siren

Personally, I think moisturecover is awesome, it is the most natural concealer we have at the counter...However, what concealer works best for you depends on your skin type and what you want the product to accomplish. If you want the most natural coverage, especially for under-eyes, go for it....otherwise, one of the others might be better suited for you. If you have concerns of moisturecover slipping etc. its always a good idea to set your concealer with a little powder (but not studio fix) such as blot or loose...use the tiniest bit, and moisturecover will stay all day!

mspixieears

Thanks siren, I was given pretty much same advice by a non-MAC MA. I do actually like select moisturecover concealor - it's exactly the texture I want, so think I'll get it after all and set with powder. Thanks for the tip!

Sushi_Flower

It is a great concealer if you want to use it for light under eye circles (from my experience anyway). I've used a whole one up and although i love the formula and think it's great i won't be buying it again and have gone back to Select Cover up. If you apply one layer it looks great and with a tiny bit of powder to set it will stay fine but as i have very dark circles i would have to layer it 2/3 times with the concealer then powder, then concealer then powder, to get the required 'concealment'. With Select Cover up i still have to apply 2/3 layers sometimes but it just seems to grab on to my skin and stay there and not crease without powder.

So my advice if you have light eye circles go for it, if they are darker then go for Select Cover up.

Latest posts