Self-help book suggestions ... for when you're going through a rough patch...

SagMaria

I am going through a bit of a rough time in my life at the moment, feeling down, unable to be close to family, worries, etc. Does anyone here have any good self-help books to recommend?

th_confused_new.gif

Jennifer Mcfly

I don't have any to recommend..but i have read a few...and basically i just hit the bookstore and perused the shelves (b/c there are so many self help books out there...) and I just looked for one that felt good to me.
There is one I read a good 6 years ago...called Life 101...and the reason I liked it so much was the author said something in it that made feel very comfortable reading self help books from then on...
he said:
take from this book only what you want. only what hits you and clicks.

basically...you don't have to be a sheep and do and say exactly what is in the book...if you only need tidbits...take them...

i feel so many people get lost when they think about self help books...like they are ashamed to be reading them...or they have a feeling of failure if they don't do exactly what is in the book...

but this author made me feel more comfortable reading self help books in general...

i don't know if that helps you...but i hope it does.
good luck!