Selling a new product - help!

chelseypaige

Hi everyone! My boyfriend's dad has a contact in Italy that wants to sell a new line of somewhat high end cosmetics. Since he knows I love make up, he has enlisted me to help him sell it, but I don't have a clue how to market something!

I was wondering if anyone has ever sold their own line of cosmetics to salons or stores, and where do you begin? Any tips would be SOO appreciated
greengrin.gif

Thanks in advance!

marusia

You'd basically go to stores and try and sell it to the managers, I would think.

What all are you trying to sell? I might be interested in trying it out online selling.
smiles.gif
(There's one contact LOL).

chelseypaige

Right now I don't have a lot of information on it, I only have a few samples. It's called Isabella, and it's from Italy. The powders are baked and can be used wet or dry, and the lipsticks and lipglosses are amazing! I will post more when I find out more, and some pictures as well
smiles.gif

Junkie

Maybe try launching independently online first and go around giving out samples to salons or MUA's - putting together a promotional package with your business card, company initiative, goals, customer service policies, etc. A lot of people like to try out cosmetics that are new, ambitious - like nothing they've seen or heard about before. A company that maybe goes green, organic, as natural as possible - maybe has ingredients that not too many people use.

A good marketing or business textbook on business plans may be a good start. Try asking a few companies online for pointers if they're willing to share. Read up on their "About Me" sections to get an idea of what to strive for.

Lots of stuff to look into!

jennyfee

What we usually do with my distributor is get a couple of makeup artists together and ladies who work at salons, and then do a demo of the makeup on a model, while talking about the products, so that they can actually see how they apply and the final result...
smiles.gif
Then they can see if they want to own the line in their salon.