Senior prank

Hawkeye

As must as I hace to agree with with Life in Return you are right.
It's not always the parents fault. Sometimes indeed it is (9 times out of 10) but at this age they are teenagers and they can think for themselves. You can't blame anyone but those pathetic teenagers that are a pure waste of oxygen on both school accounts.

I will say, however, that I am growing sick and tired of people who are growing up in a world where they cannot be disciplined because of the federal government and people who claim that a bad word is damage to their pyscicies whatever you spell it.

These kids made this decision and found it hilarious. These kids are adults. But from their upbringing you gotta seriously wonder. It's not the world we knew when a lot of us were growing up. The kids arent disciplined, they can't be taught right from wrong without somebody is picking on them and we are getting this.

Miserable pathetic adults who have no knowledge of what is good and what is just cruel.

Believe me I am a prankster to the end, I've pulled jokes in my day (and trust me they have been some doozies!) but all I can say is this just shows me our society is still going down the crap shoot.

The best way to see where our society is going is to look at the kids and the education they are getting from ALL sources.

And it's not just today it's even in my generation where we see the beginning of it.

I mean look at UGA where they stole some schools mascot (which was a pig) and they had a BBQ the next night.

No one will stand up and stop this stupid nonsense.

And guys I hate to break it to you, lawsuits dont do shit. They dont make people realize what they've done. They just make idiots pay money just to go on and do the same shit they always do.

Sorry but Im very tired of this.

Pink_minx

Thats horrible especially if the person is a bum. How low can they be? its disrespecting the whole entire school. After all the work they've done they had to come up with stupid pranks like this and ruin their opportunity to walk the stage and graduate. Its immature, obviously they dont deserve walking the stage after humiliating the school. I feel sry for those kids who were involved they have no respect at all.

Ms. Z

That is horrible! The punishment is appropriate for what they did. My only exception, "can't walk at graduation" is not fair. If they meet all the other requirements, it's not fair to their parents, family & friends to not enjoy/feel the honor of their loved one at graduation.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLoves2Shop
That is horrible! The punishment is appropriate for what they did. My only exception, "can't walk at graduation" is not fair. If they meet all the other requirements, it's not fair to their parents, family & friends to not enjoy/feel the honor of their loved one at graduation.

Oh it's quite fair.
When the kids make a decision to do something as reprehensible as that, they should learn to think of the ramifications for other people.

cicconeyouth

wow. that reminds me of the morally imprehensible "bum fights" dvd series where a camera crew would pay homeless men to fight with each other. i just can't believe that stuff like that sells and is "okay" in our culture. i'm glad to hear that they actually got in trouble for pulling something like that.

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
At least it wasn't this

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...690466,00.html

oh my god
angry.gif
i thought the original post was awful, but this one takes the cake.. wtf is wrong with some kids today man?????

Hawkeye

ITA Shimmer.

It's absolutely positively fair. They are seniors and if they haven't learned to take responsibility for their choices, well guess what? THEY WILL

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLoves2Shop

I feel that what they did to that homeless man wasn't fair. Exposing kids to nudity wasn't fair. I fail to see how a parent would feel honour when their child has just acted in that manner.

Let's put this in another context. If I am an adult, who is an amazing employee. Does everything right for the 3 years that I have worked at my firm. Filled all the requirements that make me an excellent employee. Then pull that same prank at work, they are going to fire me. Perhaps press charges. IMO, a lot of good behaviour prior to one really bad display of behaviour/judgement doesn't buy you immunity to punishment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmer
Oh it's quite fair.
When the kids make a decision to do something as reprehensible as that, they should learn to think of the ramifications for other people.

Amen! Life's lessons.

Let's hope that the community service will help those kids find their recessive compassion gene.

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmer
I think the parents of the seniors in your school did a shit job of raising their kids with social graces, including empathy, propriety, and awareness of human condition.
Not to mention that sounds totally tasteless and doesn't reflect well on the people involved in the prank.
Were I a part of the administration of the school, I would push for the students involved would not be allowed to walk across the stage as part of graduation ceremonies. Nor would I allow them on the senior trip, if one were scheduled to be taken.

But I'm a hardass like that. *shrug*

Totally agree..that was a very heartless, lowlife thing to do...

Unadorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
oh my god
angry.gif
i thought the original post was awful, but this one takes the cake.. wtf is wrong with some kids today man?????

I have heard of students killing kittens at school as a 'senior prank', i honestly don't know how anyone could do that; it's so twisted!