Sensitive/Acne-prone ladies....

aleksis210

What ingredients in Mineral makeup do you have to avoid because of your skin type? and why? J/W... because a lot of people stay away from bismuth but are there any others?

aleksis210

icon_bump.gif

enjoybeingagirl

Some people are actually sensitive to the mica in mineral makeup as well as bismuth oxychloride. Others are sensitive to the zinc oxide. You could be sensitive to anything in mineral makeup because of the chemical composition of MMU. If you want to try mineral makeup I suggest trying a few different samples from Everyday Minerals (does not contain bismuth), Cory Minerals (does not contain zinc oxide), and Lumiere Cosmetics (they have a formula with oat powder that is soothing to sensitive skin called Veena Velvet). They just see which you prefer and if you are sensitive to it.

If you want to try something before you buy you could probably find Bare Escentuals or Jane Iredale locally.

widdershins

I think the corn starch in the Everyday Minerals' finishing dust is what made my skin crazy and break out.

susanks1

I can't wear mineral eye shadows because of the mica in them. They make my eyes itch and turn red within hours.