Sensitive to products w/ SPF...recs please!

n_c

I finally figured out what was irritating my face so much and it turns out it was the spf in all the moisturizers/foundations I've tried. I need a moisturizer...and something to protect my face from the sun...what do you guys think?

thelilprincess

if you are allergic to most sunscreens, the least allergenic potential are ones that contain zinc or titanium dioxide - no worries, there are better formulations today so you won't have that white (or bright orange) paste across your nose.

Neutrogenia Sensitive skin is one....i dunno the other brands, you have to look at the active ingredient list. if they list other stuff like benzo-, benzene, salicylate then don't get those.

(btw, i am a recent pharmacy graduate...just studying for board exams and becoming addicted to specktra when i procrastinate from my studies....but if you want a 2nd opinion, ask your local pharmacist for a recommendation)
smiles.gif
hope that helps.

n_c

^^^ I'll definitely look into sunscreens w/o those ingredients...thank you.

Winthrop44

I have the same problem because of my rosacea. I use MD Forte Replenish Hydrating Cream as a moisturizer and stick to a mineral makup that only contains zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, mica and iron oxides (Alima)...plus a hat if I'll really be out in the sun for any length of tiime...as my sun protection. Good luck! I know how hard it is for people with sensitive skin to find things that work. Clinique Super City Block SPF 25 might also be worth a try for you.

rebekah

MACs studio moisture fix the one that doesnt have SPF because its so good for my skin and i have eczema , but the one w/ spf is SO irritating!

Winthrop44

Pharmaceutical Specialties also makes several sunscreens for sensitive skin at various SPFs. They're called "Vanicream" and they contain zinc and titanium with minimal other ingredients. You can find them at dermstore.com. Be forewarned that cream products with titanium and zinc, even micronized, can leave a bit of a whitish cast on your face, so you have to play around with application a bit.