Sephora partners with JC Penney

athena

Jcp Sephora: How To Kill A Company Part I

As you know: JCP and Sephora (LVMH) are teaming up.

This post is now titled: HOW TO KILL A COMPANY PART 1

This is the most depressing deal in the beauty sector.
Women: DON'T LET YOURSELVES BE HUSTLED BY CORPORATE.

Logistics 101
JCP: who shops there? No one I want to know. YIKES.
JCP: Tried to Re-vamp ALA TARGET w/ licensed brands--YIKES....One would have to be blind to think that any of the items brought in were fashion. JCP already De-glamourized and cheapened a plethera of brands including Nicole Miller, Bisou-Bisou et al. One could not find a homeless person in NYC willing to sport such offensive garb.
Sephora: Once upon a time, a wonderful company called SEPHORA existed. This company, built on utopian ideology and the importance of all, strived to create an inclusive team atmosphere that included insurance, high wages, profit sharing and bonus for its employees while, maintaining an intimate, personalized and exclusive shopping experience for its clients.

JCP: HAS CUSTOMERS
SEPHORA: CLIENTS

JCP: Targets low to lower middle class customers
SEPHORA: Once targeted Middle to UPPER middle class customers
USA: DYING MIDDLE CLASS (Thanks corporate America).
JCP: Will pull Sephora down...not vice versa....

SO what happened to Sephora.......(drumroll....)
GUESS WHAT
The former CEO of ummm Home Depot (yeah---the one during the largest sexual harassment case in a decade)....ummmm.....gets a fancy pants job as the CEO of.......Sephora? Yes, that's right....THE CEO of HOME DEPOT-a fat ass white man who waddles around in a the ugliest clothing imaginable....kissed or did something to the right ass and yep...you guessed it....got a super high paying (umm ok girls....think over 10 Mill Maybe even 100 mil...) w/ lots of STOCK OPTIONS (look it up) and stuff.....perks....

To those girls saying that JCP will CHEAPEN the image of Sephora....10 gold stars for you! THE CHEAPENING HAS BEGUN.

BTW: SIDE NOTE....FOR THE EDUCATED CONSUMER
There are countless women from TOP RANKED universities w/ Masters degrees and more.(they saw the potential)...who are now forced to answer to men w/ high school educations, work worse hours and there promotions are delays (more than 5 years for one girl w/ a MA).

MY guess: BYE BYE BENEFITS---HELLLOOOO BOTTOM LINE.......

Innovation is now discouraged. The company is now infilitrated by idiots who can only count the dollars in their piggy banks grow.

BUSINESS LESSON Part DEUX...ummmm..PART TWO
Consumer goods are VERY cheap to make.
The items in sephora are marked up 1000 percent or more.

GIRLS: DO YOU REALLY feel glamourous,sexy, or more importantly healthy shopping for face cream AT JC Penny?

DO YOU really want to PAY FAT CAT 5'8'' Incompetent WHite men who can't tell the difference between bronzer and bush.... to push you further in the hole financially and career wise?

Lets not be stupid.

IS JCP going to treat their Sephora Employees as human beings? DOUBT IT. DO YOU REALLY WANT TO PROPOGATE CORPORATE SLAVERY FOR SOME FREAKING LIPSTICK?

Think about it......

MORE TO COME.

Ethel

Quote:
JCP: who shops there? No one I want to know. YIKES.

It really is a pity that your lovely Sephora will be tainted by the guacherie of the lower middle class women who shop at JC Penney. I'll try to keep my guacherie away from MAC too--oh wait, they both want my business.

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigowaters
Yeah, I saw that one day and was like "What?!". Doesn't seem like a likely pair to me. I don't know.

Exactly my thoughts, but it may become a case of one hand washing the other.....If Sears can make a turnaround, I'm sure Penney's can, too.

Marci

eh, I'll check it out...but it'll be the only reason I go into JCPenny's
shrugs.gif

Beauty Mark

I don't know about the partnership, because I didn't even know JC Penney existed anymore. However, I'll say this. Who cares if Sephora comes to JCP, Wal-Mart, or Bergdorf? I think it's snobby to be upset that the makeup will be at a JCP because of its clientele or image or whatever it is that makes people think the store isn't good enough for Sephora. It's not like Sephora is going to change quality for JCP. I think there are plenty of valid reasons for not being pleased with the merger without bringing the kind of store and kind of clientele JCP has into it.

Sephora has its image to maintain, and I imagine the partnership will give them some control. I could see it like any other boutique where the brand has some control. IMO, whoever is in charge of Sephora probably isn't stupid. It's a hot idea, making a drugstore-like store for highend makeup instead of going to counters. I don't think they're going to fool around and let any store destroy their rep, particularly when there are a few other stores that are doing the same.

Latest posts