Sephora Professional Brush Sets

stillsoawesome

I got a set of Sephora Professional brushes last Christmas and have been using them ever since.. they're really the only decent makeup brushes I've ever owned and used. Before that I mostly used my fingers and my BE brush for powders.

Anyway, my question is how these compare to the MAC brushes. Has anyone else used these? I'm pretty happy with them but, you know... perhaps the MAC brushes would make me happier?
graucho.gif

GODDESS

hey,

It depends on which brushes! Some brushes can be the same quality but cost a tonne or not much at all. But there are others where you can tell that one is inferior to the other, and price can sometimes come into play.

For the smaller type brushes like eyeliners and eyeshadow brushes it's hard to tell the difference between the $10 and the $25 one, but for like say the skunk brush (the 187), some people say that the mac one is much better quality and its softer. Yet the sephora 187 is only a few dollars less, so its pretty much up to you on that one.

Pretty much the only real way to tell if a brush is good is what it is made up of, and how it actually feels on your skin. People preferences are difference sometimes.

Also, you have to remember that when you buying from MAC you are paying for the name brand, not just the brush. So even though it's more expensive, it doesn't mean that it's a better quailty brush.

hope that helps a bit

stillsoawesome

THX Goddess!
I really want that 187 brush! The Sephora set I got doesnt have anything quite like it and I keep hearing rave reviews.. it's definitly next on my investment buys list! But I'll save my money on the eyeliner brushes and such I think!

GODDESS

hey,

Ya the sephora skunk brush is only like $7 cheaper, i think,so you might as well go with the MAC one!

Ya the skunk is great for MSFs, blushes, bronzers, even liquid foundation, and for light application of mineral foundation. But for more coverage its better to use a kabuki!!! Everyone loves the 182 kabuki, but there are alternatives, as it is also quite pricey!!

tip- try an arts store for those small brushes!!

cheers!!

pugmommy7

I stand by the flirt skunk brush $6 from kohl's as a low cost alternative to the the 187. and I like the Cat cosmetics kabuki($35?)but I got it for $28 on sale.

aziajs

My first makeup brushes came in the Sephora collection. I loved them and still have them, 5 years later, and they are in great condition. I think that it's a good place to start and that MAC brushes are the next step up in quality and performance.

ebonyannette

Compared the the Sephora brushes I tried, they arent as soft as the MAC brushes, I guess it depends on how you apply your make up if thats a good or bad thing. I usually put way more product on my sephora brushes than I have to use on my MAC brushes.

glueme

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugmommy7
I stand by the flirt skunk brush $6 from kohl's as a low cost alternative to the the 187. and I like the Cat cosmetics kabuki($35?)but I got it for $28 on sale.

I don't see it on the Flirt! website--is it not for sale anymore?

poddygirl

I love the Sephora kabuki brush
clap.gif
It is $22 and just as soft (IMHO) as the MAC version. It comes in a cute little travel case as well. I have been using daily with my medium MSF and it works great!

Latest posts