Sephora's 187 brush?

calliestar

Hey all! I was browsing sephora.com and while I was looking at brushes I came across what I think is Sephora's version of the MAC 187. It's called the Sephora Professional Stippling Brush...it looks nearly identical to the 187. Has anyone tried it? It's new and a little bit cheaper than the MAC version, and I think I may pick it up tomorrow when I hit up Sephora.

Edited for question: Does the quality of Sephora brushes compare well to MACs? How would you rate them?

maxcat

I've got a nylon foundation brush for veggies that I'm pretty fond of... the blush brushes aren't as thick or soft though. The "bronzer" dome is not comparable feel wise to the lovely 182....The 187 I have seen at Sephora is smaller and I'm not sure how well it works.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by calliestar
Hey all! I was browsing sephora.com and while I was looking at brushes I came across what I think is Sephora's version of the MAC 187. It's called the Sephora Professional Stippling Brush...it looks nearly identical to the 187. Has anyone tried it? It's new and a little bit cheaper than the MAC version, and I think I may pick it up tomorrow when I hit up Sephora.

Edited for question: Does the quality of Sephora brushes compare well to MACs? How would you rate them?

I actually saw this last week at Sephora. I thought it was the same density and quality as the 187. I didn't use it but I ran it over the back of my hand and examined the fibers.

calliestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixnil
Is it just as expensive too??? i'll check it out...

It's 7 dollars cheaper. If it isn't as good as the MAC one, I'll probably just wait and buy the 187 with Amuse. It would just be nice to save a few bucks if the quality is the same.

scrapbookromance

I noticed that last time I was at Sephora looking at the brushes, and this was before I had my beloved 187. I didn't know any better so I didn't know how to compare. but the price difference is so minimal and I've heard nothing but good about the MAC brush so I went with it. plus it will match all my other brushes :p

Latest posts