Sephora's The Lash Stash 2

dolcekatiana

Hey guys! So i picked up Sephora's The Lash Stash 2 awhile back. For those of you who don't already know it was a collection of 10 of Sephora's top selling mascaras. For $35 it included sample sizes of the following:

+Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash,
+Cargo TexasLash,
+Sephora Atomic Volume,
+Urban Decay Big Fatty,
+Vincent Longo The Curl,
+Too Faced Lash Injection,
+DuWop Lash Venom,
+Korres Provitamin B5 Rice Bran Mascara,
+Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes!,
+and Smashbox Bionic.

I thought I would create a thread for us all to review and discuss which of these mascaras we love and which ones we hate!

So here are my thoughts on each one:

Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash:
mufesmokylash.jpg

Full Size = $22
It claims to give curl, volume, length and intense pigment.
It delivers all of the above. My lashes have never looked so good. They seriously look fake when I wear this. The intense black pigment makes my hazel eyes pop. The mascara wand is medium sized. I only needed 2 coats for dramatic lashes. So far, this is the only mascara from the Stash that I would buy in the full size. Worth every penny IMO.

Cargo TexasLash:
cargotexaslash.jpg

Full Size: $20
It claims to give lashes instant volume.
Big disappointment. They say everything is bigger in Texas but that's not true about this mascara. This did absolutely nothing. It didn't even look like I was wearing mascara (that's not a good thing im my book). That's really all I have to say about that one.

Sephora Atomic Volume:
sephoraatomicvolume.jpg

Full Size: $ 16
It claims to be a mega-volume, ultra black mascara.
This is my 2nd favorite in the Stash so far. It is an intense black but not nearly as intense as MUFE Smoky Lash. It didn't give me volume but it made my lashes very long. It also gave great separation. Comparable to CG's Lash Blast. Be careful not to overdo it or you will get spider lashes! Not what I'm looking for in a mascara but definitely give it a go if you're looking for length!

Urban Decay Big Fatty:
udbiggfatty.jpg

Full Size: $20
It claims to create the fullest, fattest lashes imaginable.
Like TexasLash, this did absolutely nothing. 'Nuff said.

Vincent Longo The Curl:
vlthecurl.jpg

Full Size: $23

It claims to give lengthy lashes that never clump curl naturally, and reach toward the heavens.
The only part of that description that is true is the "naturally" part. Again, this mascara did nothing. It did not look like I had anything on my lashes (in a bad way).

Too Faced Lash Injection PinPoint:
tflashinjection.jpg

Full Size: $19.50
It claims to be an extreme defining, volumizing and lengthening mascara.
This gave pretty good length and some volume at the base of my lashes. It caused them to clump together quite a bit though and the clumps aren't easy to fix because this formula dries too quickly. The tiny wand makes it take a little bit longer to apply but it allows you to coat every single lash, even the teeny ones in the inner corners. This is my 3rd favorite but I would not repurchase.

DuWop Lash Venom:
duwoplashvenom.jpg

Full Size: $24:
It claims to deliver volume, length and definition.
I'm really liking this one. It's almost as good as MUFE Smoky Lash, but it doesn't make my lashes as dark and dramatic. Definitely made my lashes look much fuller and feathery. No clumps whatsoever. Awesome everyday mascara.

Smashbox Bionic:
smashboxbionic.jpg

Full Size: $19.
It claims to make lashes stronger, longer and more voluminous.
This one is pretty average. Nothing you couldn't find in a drug store. It gave decent volume but hardly any length and it couldn't hold a curl. It would make for a good everyday mascara, like so many others from the Lash Stash but I would never fork out the money for the full size.

I will update as soon as I try the final 2. So what do you all think?
smiles.gif

widdershins

Thanks for reviewing the MUFE mascara! I've been really interested in it, and now I might have to pick it up. I'm always wary about trying the Sephora Lash Stashes because I heard a couple people found their mascaras were dried out.

dolcekatiana

You're welcome. I wouldn't recommend the Lash Stash. It sounded like a good deal at the time, but only a few have been worth repurchasing so far. The only dry one I came across was Too Faced Lash Injection but I read other reviews on MUA and it sounds like the formula itself is just dry in general. None of the others have really been dry that I've noticed. I am loving MUFE Smoky Lash. Hope you do too!