setting eyeshadow/pigments?

sedated_xtc

Hi guys, I have this problem where I prime my eyes with prep + prime for eyes and then apply pigments for eyecolour but usually by lunchtime, it's mostly faded and gone.

I'm debating between using shadesticks/paints as a base but I'm trying to find a generic colour so that it's more of a base and doesn't really affect the actual colour of the pigment.

I'm just wondering which one is better between shadesticks and paints and whether or not they're difficult to apply (i.e. how do you apply them?)? Furthermore, are there any generic colours that can be used for my purposes??

Please let me know!! Thanks in advance!!!

bebeflamand

I start of with the Too Faced shadow insurance, I've never tried the MAC one tbh. My go to product as a base after priming is the Painterly paintpot. I use it almost daily, don't know how to live without it anymore lol. HTH

vocaltest

I'd go for neither of them and go for Too Faced Shadow Insurance or Urban Decay Primer Potion. If not, Painterly Paint Pot.

panda0410

^^ITA - UDPP is my preference but TFSI seems to be popular as well
smiles.gif

The MAC PnP eye is beyond crap and I never use it
blah.gif
A lot of people like shadesticks and paints too, but I find the paints crease on me and shadesticks too tuggy for what I like, especially if you are using mattes.

NeonKitty

I use both UDPP and a neutral paint pot as base and I have good lasting colour payoff and no creasing. I've also heard that pigments have more staying power when they are applied wet with a mixing medium. I've not yet done that myself though.

awyer

i use tfsi, then nyx jumbo pencil in milk, helps the pigment or shadow to really stick to the eye since the jumbo pencils are sticky,

kariii

UDPP, but I personally skip it and just use painterly paint pot and my make up stays from 6 am till i get home around 11 pm (work, school and gym)! HTH

MzzRach

I've been using Untitled Paint as a base for years and it is still my go-to "no brainer" eyeshadow base. I use paint pots also, but my Untitled is my daily staple. Completely changes how long any shadow wears for me.

sedated_xtc

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!! But how do you apply paint pots/paints?? =( application is always a question for me with stuff that doesn't come with an applicator

Fataliya

I use UDPP (or TFSI), and Chapstick. Chapstick is a GREAT base, and is clear, so no color will show.

I use the Chapstick Naturals, btw. Feels good and has all kinds of butters and crap in it.

moopoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAlly
I'm like,the only person that doesn't have that problem with Prep and Prime Eye.

I'll second that! I like MAC Prep+Prime... Hmmm I also use Bare Study p/p to add some shimmer to my look. I like Indianwood p/p too but that will def change the eyeshadow color to a golden/bronze-y color.

I apply my Prep+Prime and p/p with my ring finger personally, but you can use a concealer brush too.

spacegirl2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedated_xtc
Thanks for all the suggestions guys!! But how do you apply paint pots/paints?? =( application is always a question for me with stuff that doesn't come with an applicator

you can use a brush. i actually really like my 217 for applying paints and paint pots. for paints i just put a little dab on my eyelid with my finger and then spread it around with the brush. i do the same with too faced shadow insurance.
my favorite combination is UDPP + paintpot + shadow or pigment.

BeccalovesMAC

Whats your skin color? I am NC42 and I was absolutely disappointed with MAC Painterly Paint Pot. Its a pain the ass to apply and it never works for me. I love using Too Faced Eye Shadow Insurance.

Latest posts