Setting Make-up Recommendations

lavnder

Hi Ladies,

I am a NC 45 MAC Studio Fix user and have in the past used the Fix + to set my makeup, but it leaves me after an hour or two looking really oily.
ssad.gif
I also use Smash box Primer prior to putting on the Studio Fix and use blot papers throughout the day.

I have also tried Model in a Bottle as well, but it has alcohol in it and irritates my sensitive skin.

Any recommendations or ideas as far as setting my face after applying my makeup?

Thxs!
smiles.gif

ebonyannette

Have you tried loose blot?

The Fix+ is just really is to reduce powdery look.

I tried the Smashbox Matte Lotion and it works pretty well, it will turn white if you use too much so be careful.
Your best bet is dust with loose blot and then carry your pressed blot powder with you for touch ups.

I like to blot first (the toilet seat covers from the bathroom work really good!) then put on my touch up of pressed blot powder it keeps shine away longer.

duch3ss25

ha ha, ebonyannette, i'm glad to know i'm not the only one that uses the toilet seat covers. my friend laughed when i tried it but swear by it when she forgets the blotting sheets.

anyhow, i agree, with using blot powders with you. but i have also experimented lately on something i read from another specktrette, milk of magnesia. as far as i have experienced for the past 2 weeks, the oiliness on my face has drastically cut down. first, i put my alcohol-based toner after washing. once dry, i swipe a tiny amount of MoM. i let that dry then i use the face primer.

so far, i have had no break-outs or any reaction whatsoever. my face still gets shiny throughout the day but it's not as bad as before and i usually do a touch-up of the blot powder once in the middle of the day and use blotting sheets in between. hope this helps!

ebonyannette

^ yeah I got the toilet seat covers from Specktra too
smiles.gif
ha ha they are great I cut them up into squares and put them in my m/u bag (ghetto I know!ha ha)
I have to try the M.o.M. I heard about that too but havent gotten up enough nerve to do it.

lavnder

Thanks Ladies!

I actually read about the toilet seat covers and used them today! I have to admit, they do work the same as blot paper. I will def try both recommendations..

Wish me luck!
wavey.gif

MAC_Pixie04

i use Caudelie Beauty Elixir to set make up. One spritz is all it takes. I use it before and after, it has essential oils in it, sage, rosemary and mint, which tightens up pores and firms the skin.

MacVirgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonyannette
Have you tried loose blot?

The Fix+ is just really is to reduce powdery look.

I agree, and the name fix+ can fool you lol!
smiles.gif

I love mu Blotpwder, but it add some sort of color to your mu, even if it should not. Before i used mac i used the invisible powder from other brands.

I now use Mac's Invisible Set Powder and i don't need to do anything as it holds my mu for hours!. This is a great product you might want to check out! and it adds no color.

Hope this helps
smiles.gif