Setting value to your items

obscuria

There's a lot to take into account when setting a price such as if the item is widely available or rare, how much you have used it, condition it is in, etc. You may want to do some research into the items you are selling such as if they were limited/discontinued, how much other people are selling them for.

Generally if I have a lightly used item I will sell it a few bucks under what I paid for it, my items that I've used more and it can be seen I really don't care about making a lot of money on, so I'll charge roughly half of what I paid for it give or take.

Rarer items I charge about retail price for them but you can charge more, some people are willing to pay more than retail for items that are no longer obtainable, so why not.

As for what to sell and not sell, you can pretty much sell whatever you want, as long as you are upfront about the usage and quality of the product. If someone has a problem with buying used items such as eyeliners, etc. the worse that can happen is that they don't buy from you.

angi

Definitely have a look on the completed items on ebay to see what things have successfully sold, and what they sold for, as this will help you to determine the rough market price for your items (particularly the LE stuff).

Whatever stuff you have to list, is worth trying to get rid of - not everyone will buy used lipglasses etc, but as long as you clearly have them listed as used and are truthful about it, then I would agree that it is the buyers decision whether to buy it with that knowledge.

Also, think about how quick you want to get rid of it- if you need it gone now, then the price should reflect this. On the other hand, if you're happy to wait until the person that really wants that item comes along, then price it accordingly. For example, I want queen's sin lipstick - since I've started looking I've seen ONE come up on ebay - priced at $78 with $10 P&P- to me, that's a price for someone whose desparate for the lipstick, and I would imagine it will hang about a bit.