Sex workers and strippers ...

Beauty Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbalmerBabe
Shimmer I was reading a little on Mimi's blog page that you linked.
In this post all of the things that you mentioned, is that stuff that you read from her site?
I had a friend who was a dancer years ago.
She danced at a nude place that was very,very seedy.
We did not want her to work there but she was insistant
and said she needed the $. She told me one night as she
was performing a lap dance, she had her back to the customer
and he grabbed her and pulled her down and she felt his penis
slightly enter her. She freaked out. I asked her you were not paying
attention to him taking his pants down? She said nope, she had her back to him and had no idea. That thought still creeps me out.

That is so sketchy. I hope she got an STD test.

I sometimes wonder if stuff like that happened to my friend who won't talk about it. She's so open about every other aspect of her life (she's had a rough and wild past, to say the least) that I can't fathom what happened during her stripping days that makes her quiet about it.

LatinaRose

Oh, wow. I can't even be bothered to read through all five pages. I love how so many of you go on and on about all the things you "know" about stripping when, in fact, most you know nothing. No, not all strippers are strung out on drugs or prostitute themselves on the side. Some of them (gasp!) actually like what they do! Those who keep calling it a "lifestyle" - it's a job, nothing more, and quite a fun one in fact. Oh and whoever said "getting a finger jabbed in their ass and their ear licked all for $20"? Yeah, um, okay. Maybe in dive bars, but not in high end clubs.

I've been stripping on and off for about 4 years. I love the job. I make great money and have a great time doing it. I know there will always be negative stereotypes about stripping, but frankly most of us don't give a fuck.

Shimmer

Quote:
Shimmer I was reading a little on Mimi's blog page that you linked.
In this post all of the things that you mentioned, is that stuff that you read from her site?
I had a friend who was a dancer years ago.
She danced at a nude place that was very,very seedy.
We did not want her to work there but she was insistant
and said she needed the $. She told me one night as she
was performing a lap dance, she had her back to the customer
and he grabbed her and pulled her down and she felt his penis
slightly enter her. She freaked out. I asked her you were not paying
attention to him taking his pants down? She said nope, she had her back to him and had no idea. That thought still creeps me out.

Actually, she substantiated what friends of mine who dance(d) had to say.
smiles.gif

EmbalmerBabe

Another question is for the women involved in this work...what do you do when you are no longer able to be a dancer?When you are too old or your looks have gone downhill? Won't the transition back into a regular job be difficult? It may be hard to find a decent job with no exp.etc.
It's just seems so temporary and unreliable.

Raerae

Quote:
Another question is for the women involved in this work...what do you do when you are no longer able to be a dancer?When you are too old or your looks have gone downhill? Won't the transition back into a regular job be difficult? It may be hard to find a decent job with no exp.etc.
It's just seems so temporary and unreliable.

I doubt many people see stripping as a career... Some may, but for most people I've known, it was a means to and ends to something better.

Shimmer

That's true, but the idea of leaving an environment that is admittedly easy money comparatively speaking isn't quite palatable.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
That's true, but the idea of leaving an environment that is admittedly easy money comparatively speaking isn't quite palatable.

I dunno if I would call it easy money.

Most of the strippers I knew, were college students, using it to pay their way through college. Since it allowed for minimal hours for a large enough income. To that end, I think stripping, and other forms of sex work, do provide an opportunity for less income privaledged girls (and boys) to set themselves up for a better future.

The other girls that I knew, were girls from families that had PLENTY of money, and did it because it was fun for them.

To each is own right?