Shade of SFF?

MACaddict08

I think I'm going to try Studio Fix Fluid, however the closest MAC counter is 2 hrs away and I don't have time to go so I'm ordering online. I have nooo idea what shade. Suggestions?
HPIM1110.jpg

Sorry about the stupid face haha...this was the only pic with the most natural lighting
smiles.gif

MACaddict08

I think I'm going to go for NW20 instead of NW15 just because it's almost summer and I'll be getting darker...
graucho.gif

bellaetoile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACaddict08
I think I'm going to go for NW20 instead of NW15 just because it's almost summer and I'll be getting darker...
graucho.gif

just so you're aware, SFF runs a LOT differently than normal mac foundations. go light, as far as the shade goes. i'm usually an nc42-44 in the summer, and my nc37 sff is fine for me, which is like a 4 shade jump up, almost. its better to have it a little light, than a little dark. you can always darken it with a darker shade of blot powder and fix+. maybe see if one of the girls on here who hs an nw20 or nw15 would sell you a small sample jar? i've never seen a foundation that so many people have had problems with matching their shades, even my favorite MAs at the store and counter were complaining about how sff shades were different..

MACaddict08

Ok thanks.. Well i have blot powder in Medium/Dark and Fix+ so maybe i should go for the NW15? grrr...I don't know what to do. It's frustrating when you don't have MAC close by!

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
I'm thinking NW15 or 20 also. Maybe NW20 if you think you will be tanning soon, otherwise 15 as it is a wee bit darker then other NW15's.

MACaddict08

I just looked at my SPF 15 Foundation...its NC35. but it also looks kind of orange after so long....also, I looked a one of ashley_v85 wonderful FOTD's and she uses NW20. I'm thinking NW15 would be TOO light. but I'm not sure

MACaddict08

So I emailed a MUA at maccosmetics.com last night asking her about the different shades. She responded saying that since I have NC35 in the SPF foundation and it tends to look orange, that I should go for NC30 in SFF...but I looked at the shades online. and NC30 looks DARK(for me at least). Maybe I should go with NC25? hmm...this is getting frustrating haha

YvetteJeannine

I know you said your nearest MAC is a two hour drive, but I would MAKE time to go!! Seriously, selecting the wrong color foundation/concealer is *the* most frustrating thing! I know that if you order online and don't like what you get, you can always return it, but why go thru all the trouble?? You'll most likely end up making the drive anyway if you do end up w/ the wrong color...and it sounds like SFF is a hard one to pick w/o knowing your shade for that formula specifically. C'mon...take a day (or at least a few hours) for yourself...make the time!
smiles.gif