shadebender?

breatheonbeat

i have something from many MANY years ago called a MAC shadebender. the shade is 'sorcery.' one of my friends gave it to me. i never used it much; to be honest, i have just held on to it because it is interesting to me.
so years later, i want to know- what is it? what is the purpose of it? does anyone remember this product and what collection it belonged to?

valentine580

i have something from many MANY years ago called a MAC shadebender. the shade is 'sorcery.' one of my friends gave it to me. i never used it much; to be honest, i have just held on to it because it is interesting to me.
so years later, i want to know- what is it? what is the purpose of it? does anyone remember this product and what collection it belonged to?
Hiya! In short, it's a mixing medium. It's an emollient product that you can either use on its own (facial highlight, eyeshadow cream, lipgloss), or blend with powder products to create a creamy texture/application taking on a bit of the iridescence of the product. You can turn it into whatever you want to use it for. Hope this helps!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I've never heard of it, but I googled it and supposedly it's from 2004, a collection called Hipnotique.

valentine580

It's an emollient product that you can either use on its own (facial highlight, eyeshadow cream, lipgloss), or blend with powder products to create a creamy texture/application taking on a bit of the iridescence of the product. You can turn it into whatever you want to use it for. Hope this helps!
  I've never heard of it, but I googled it and supposedly it's from 2004, a collection called Hipnotique.
From what I know about the product, it wasn't greatly liked. It sounds like the common problem a lot of people have when they buy a product like this - the artist's at the counters don't instruct them on the product correctly, hence they get it home and don't know what to do with it. Sad face.

breatheonbeat

Hiya! In short, it's a mixing medium. It's an emollient product that you can either use on its own (facial highlight, eyeshadow cream, lipgloss), or blend with powder products to create a creamy texture/application taking on a bit of the iridescence of the product. You can turn it into whatever you want to use it for. Hope this helps!
oh! using it as a mixing medium didn't occur to me. her explanation was 'it changes the color of lipgloss/stick!' i think she liked the names. i don't remember the name of the one she kept, but it was something else magic themed. mine is purple/pink/orange gold- the shimmer reminds me of fairylite pigment (it has a purple tone to me??) and the gold reminds me almost of the way the gold is in the nymphette gloss., hers was the opposite (if that makes sense? i think she said one was warm and one was cool, but i don't know which mine was.).

edit: hers was 'iridescently.' it looks similar to mine but more pink/purple and no gold. it was on mua, and as naynadine said, people don't seem to like it hahah.

also- i can post swatches if anyone is interested for research purposes or whatever. i don't think anyone will want them, but i wanted to offer just in case :)

valentine580

Soooooo.....when are we going to get some pics?
clapping.gif
LOL.

breatheonbeat

shadebender in sorcery and swatch on hand:
541758d3_shadebender1.jpeg

in direct sunlight on lips:
d1992de9_window.jpeg

craving / shadebender over craving

crosswires / shadebender over crosswires