Shadestick problem

Steel

Sorry if this has been answered before, I did use the search and came up with some threads of similar nature but not quite the same.

I recently got my first shadestick and now I was wondering if it is broken :confused: What happens when I take the cap off the shadestick itself comes out about half-way and when I try to turn the plastic part to make it go back in it won't go and I have to push it back in with the cap. But when I deliberately turn the plastic part to make the shadestick come out it then goes nicely back inside the tube as well without any problems. Is this normal or should I try to find an alternative way of taking off the cap to avoid the shadestick coming out? Do these dry out if I don't shut the cap firmly? The shadestick itself does not appear to be broken.

glittergoddess27

Oh yes,.. if the cap isnt clicked shut it can dry out. As far as the shadestick itself coming out,..I always open mine in an upright position (Cap on top) and since I screw mine down after each use so that the shadestick isnt exposed,.. it opens nice without any damage. Have you ever closed your shadestick and had the actual shadestick itself still cranked up and it could have stuck to the cap or maybe stored it upside down and it could have melted/stuck a bit into the cap? If it did then it may have pulled the shadestick away from the little base attached to the mechanism that raises and lowers it. To push it back down into the tube,.. I would use my finger gently,.. not the cap as you could risk damaging the shadestick. In this case I would definitely store/open it with the cap end up and always lower the shadestick down in the tube without any sticking out to close it,.. Don't know if this will help, just some suggestions.

user4

mine does the same thing if i dont open it cap up- so dont worry... and about it drying out... if def will since it is creme shadow on a stick it will dry out if you dont click the cap shut. i actually had one of my s/s dry out on me
ssad.gif

Steel

Thanks for the suggestions. This happens when I do open it in upright position, it's like the shadestick itself just practically jumps up when I take the cap off.

I think I should screw the shadestick upwards as much as I can to see if it's not properly attached at the bottom but I doubt this is the source of my problem since the mechanism otherwise works fine.

But from now on I'll use my fingers to push it back into the tube and not the cap!

EDIT: D'OH! I just tried it again and it worked fine. It seems it has to be straight upwards, even a small angle will make the shadestick to pop up. Oh well. Problem solved!
rofl.gif