Shadesticks...?

x music is love

I've heard nothing but good things about the shadesticks so i really want to get one but im not sure what color to get. I went to the MAC store and i tried on these shades:

Beige-ing
Penny
Shimmersand
Taupographic
Gentle Lentil

i really liked all of them but i cant decide which would look best on me, Im an NC42. I liked those but im open to any other shade suggestions too, any recs?

aziajs

I have Beige-ing and Shimmersand. I really like them both. I think Beige-ing might be more versatile.

xiahe

personally, i prefer paints b/c shadesticks don't glide on smoothly. but if i had to choose one of the shadesticks you mentioned, then probably beige-ing. like aziajs said, beige-ing would probably be more versatile than the others. then again, you might change your mind when you go to the MAC counter to make your purchase.
smiles.gif

mandirigma

i agree with aziajs and xiahe in that you should probably get beige-ing as your first shadestick just in case you end up not really getting into it (imo, they grab shadows really well, but the application might bother you). it's like the equivalent of bare canvas paint. it's the most versatile so you can use it under any color.

kimmy

beige-ing is probably the most versatile, so i'd suggest that
smiles.gif
i absolutely love shadesticks, in facty...i just came home from getting one haha
tong.gif
they make shadows so vibrant and long lasting!!

karen

I love them. I have Beige-ing and Taupographic. Wore both today with Teddy Eye kohl and Lovebud e/s ...looked great.
smiles.gif

Beige-ing is a fabulous brow highlighter, too. Ever since I got it, I haven't gone a day without using it.

REYNALD0C

Get... Beige-ing, Sharkskin, and Taupographic!

OR we could split em up you get some I get the others and we could share everytime we see each other.

duh sheila.

AimeeEm

Shimmersand works nicely as a base for any kind of brown/beige eye. It's also lovely on its own when you want a sheer brownish beige shimmery eye.

MDgyrl4life

Well I'm a NW 43 and I love penny under browns and golds. I tried shimmersand with them but I didn't like it that much. I use shade sticks under almost all of my shadows. Especially lucky jade under greens.

kaliraksha

I love my sharkskin... I carry it in my purse for when I don't have time for makeup because it's subtle... goes with everything... and soo easy to put on while driving (probably not safe but I do put it on at red lights)