Shadows fading with paints..

xIxSkyDancerxIx

So.. I use the Bare Canvas Paint as a "primer" for my shadows and what not.. but my eye shadows still fade as the hours go by. It doesn't disappear, but the colors just aren't as bright and nice looking as they were when I walked out of the door.
ssad.gif

Any suggestions as to what I can do to keep the color on my lids? My lids aren't oily or anything like that, they're just normal lol.

TIA

enviable

have you tried the new paint pots? i find they have a lot more staying power than the old paints...

glittergoddess27

Hmm maybe you are letting the paint dry too much before applying?? Sometimes I apply a shadestick or a CCB (or more recently paint pots) over my paint to grab the shadow better. Unlike the paints,.. paint pots aren't nearly as budge proof if you have anything going on with your eye that could crease it etc,.....

pahblov

The trainer at the Mac store I frequent told me that the formula for the paints is designed for twelve hour wear, and the paint pots for eight hours. That being said, different skin types will react differently to the two formulas. You might want to try the paint pots for your skin, or Urban Decay's Primer Potion.

thelove4tequila

I'd try another primer like Shadesticks, Paint Pots, or the only one that doesn't fade/crease/ on me is UDPP. Paints just don't work for me what so ever. Shame.

xIxSkyDancerxIx

I bought the Paint pot in Painterly recently to replace my paint.. But it still does the same thing! The colors are all nice and bright, then they kinda muddle together and get "softer" I guess?

I've tried to "pack" it onto my lid, but it still fades a bit in an hour or so..
ssad.gif

Any ideas?

clamster

IMO paints last WAy longer then paint pots. Out of the MAC e/s bases I have tried I think paints make my e/s the most vibrant. Try applying a thin layer of Urban decays primer potion and then some paint. Before the paint is completely dry apply you powder e/s. If your eyelids are oily before dust some powder on your lids.

xIxSkyDancerxIx

Could it be that I'm not using enough?? I apply a very thin layer, so maybe if I used more product it would grab hold of the color better??

I actually have dry skin so the color "sliding" off my lid isn't much of a problem unless I'm all sweaty I suppose hehe

GlamYOURUs

I prefer paintpots over paints any day. Paints are thicker in quality and tend to dry quicker and its not easy for the shadows to blend. However, if you let a open paintpot sit there, it will dry out and it won't be easy to apply and blend shadows. I guess thats why the tops on the paintpots are hard to open sometimes. They are supposed to be?

Amaranth

Quote:
Originally Posted by xIxSkyDancerxIx
Could it be that I'm not using enough?? I apply a very thin layer, so maybe if I used more product it would grab hold of the color better??

If you apply even more than just a very thin layer of the Paints, I find it gives the eyelid a "scaly" sort of look. It just looks really un-smooth and doesn't increase the colour staying power IMO.

aeroerin

I was going to start up a similar thread, but was able to find this in the search . . .

Currently I use TFSI as a base, but I see that a lot of people use paintpots or paints as a base. I have dry eyelids, so I need something that won't emphasize that dryness. Would a switch to a MAC base like P/P, paint, or CCB help with this issue while still giving me staying power? If so, which would you recommend? TIA!

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroerin
I was going to start up a similar thread, but was able to find this in the search . . .

Currently I use TFSI as a base, but I see that a lot of people use paintpots or paints as a base. I have dry eyelids, so I need something that won't emphasize that dryness. Would a switch to a MAC base like P/P, paint, or CCB help with this issue while still giving me staying power? If so, which would you recommend? TIA!

Yes, a paintpot or CCB would be ideal for you. These are very creamy, and since you have dry eyelids, they shouldn't crease on you. A little is all you need. While a paint goes on creamy, it dries pretty quickly, whereas the pp or CCB stay creamy for awhile. I love the paintpots myself.

aeroerin

Thanks so much! I tried out both CCBs and p/p at my MAC counter today, and I decided on Painterly p/p.
greengrin.gif

Latest posts