Shadowy lady quad: SOS!

tarynlovesmac

(If I've posted this in the wrong area, mods please feel free to move it, I have't quite yet gotten the hang of what goes where... though I try!)

Okay, so I bought the Shadowy Lady quad (after promising myself I would avoid the COC quads, and despite the fact that I already had Shadowy Lady e/s) and I'm REEEALLLY hoping some MUA or makeup-obsessed lady or gentleman can help me out here.

I'm finding Lightfall pretty much useless. When I bought the quad, I thought, well three outta four ain't bad (and I LOVED smudged violet), and I really don't want to believe that I bought a quad for ONE color (deep truth is pretty but I'm not big on blue). I thought Lightfall looked new and interesting, but on my NW 20 skin it isn't seeming to show up AT ALL, isn't even working as a highlite!
thmbdn.gif
I've tried numerous bases and nothing's helping.

SO: Anyone find any new and fancy ways to use Lightfall, or any bases it works particularly well with?
th_dunno.gif

BunnyBunnyBunny

I agree that Lightfall is a very hard color to show up. I use a 242 and build the color ontop of Painterly all over the lid. It gives a very natural but 'clean' look to the eyes.

I'm afraid that since we are NW20, it's just going to blend into our skintones. If you decide to still keep the quad, I recommend using it as an eyeshadow for natural and polished looks.

I like to use Lightfall ontop of Painterly all over the lid because it does give a very natural healthy look, then use Shadowy Lady in the crease, and Deep Truth as eyeliner. It gives a very cool-toned smoky eye, and is actually subtle enough for daytime.

Deirdre

I like Lightfall on top of Paintpots, too. I've used it with Bare Study, and Girl Friendly. Of course the GF paintpot really makes it pinker. I use it in my inner corner of my top and bottom lid, as well as a highlight (no paintpot on my brow, though). I use the violet on my inner crease, and into the outer, as well as above, blending on to the base of my outer brow bone, I also take it onto the outer half of my lid. I use Shadowy Lady to deepen the outer crease.

I find that Lightfall does show up on my skintone, though. I can see how a lighter tone would find it hard to work with.

I haven't touched the Deep Truth. I can't seem to get my mind around that color.

snowflakelashes

I'm a pale girl too (sorry don't know my foundation shade SOME day I'll get near a mac and get matched. I don't know that lightfall is extremely unique but I do indeed use it. Mostly W/ smudged violet, the way the 'bing' look has on the MAC website. as a subtle pop in the middle of lid overtop of another shadow. That's what I plan on using it for . Other than a subtle subtle highlight shade .

zeroxstar

i've used lightfall in the crease to tone down other, darker colors on the lid and it's actually showed up nicely on me... idk (i'm NW15)

contrabassoon

I use Lightfall on the center of my lid with Smudged Violet in the crease and inner crease, then I darken my crease by adding Shadowy lady and Deep Truth. This creates a bit of a 3-D look.
If you're not satisfied with that, go over Lightfall with a shimmery pigment or e/s which intesifies the colour(I use Blonde's Gold) .
HTH

Heiaken

I'm NC15 and haven't really found a way to get lightfall to show up on me either, as a highlight it's pretty much useless to me. I really need to experiment more with it and see is I can make it work.