Shakespeare's Twelfth Night *will be adding pics till closing night*

shadowprincess

i am the director of makeup for a huge theater production by the Drama Society at my university. this is great experience for me and not to mention super great for my resume. and please note that i am only an amateur with no professional training... if there is any flaw, this is why :p

there will be 8 play dates and tonight would be the third day. some of the makeup don't show up in the pictures... looks great on stage though :p

this is the guy playing Antonio (ex-pirate) .. isn't he hot? :p i get to put makeup on him. i get to put bronzer right down to his chest! *swoons* .. can't get any better than that!

this is on the dress rehersals we had last sunday:

before
antonio.jpg

after
antonio2.jpg

antonio3.jpg

opening night pictures:

antonio4.jpg

cuofan.jpg

fesorcu.jpg

feste1.jpg

feste2.jpg

officer.jpg

oliviamaria.jpg

orcinoviola.jpg

priest.jpg

toby.jpg

silverblackened

Antonio/Peter is very hot, yes.
winks.gif

I'd love to be able to do makeup for a big production like this! Unfortunately, the ones I'm in tend to have a very small crew so I'm usually stage managing or in the tech box. So I don't really get to play with the makeup, since by the time they start on faces, I already need to be on standby. I do do hair though, since for some reason ALL the students like to get their hair done and then have dinner and then get their faces done.

It looks like you're having fun; break a leg!

shadowprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverblackened
Antonio/Peter is very hot, yes.
winks.gif

I'd love to be able to do makeup for a big production like this! Unfortunately, the ones I'm in tend to have a very small crew so I'm usually stage managing or in the tech box. So I don't really get to play with the makeup, since by the time they start on faces, I already need to be on standby. I do do hair though, since for some reason ALL the students like to get their hair done and then have dinner and then get their faces done.

It looks like you're having fun; break a leg!

I'm definately having fun.

This is a big production with a tiny budget... if u can imagine that. i think the budget was only CAD1000. very small... most of the makeup i could buy were drugstore brands... i wasn't pleased :p i wanted really good brands .. oh well, i'm glad everything turned out welll though...
greengrin.gif
i had to bring some of my own MAC stuff coz drugstore shadows are really useless...

shadowprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LadyLocks~
Very nice job with the mu hun. By the looks of it, I'd say you've been doing mu for years lol.
thmbup.gif

wow... thank you!!! you made my day!

shadowprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLoves2Shop
clap.gif
A job well done!

OK, I'm jealous; his eye makeup looks fantastic!

thanks!! he's such a pleasure to work with.. i have to say, it's easier to apply makeup on him than any of the girls. plus he has to have tons of bronzer on him. love this guy... he's such an eye candy :p

shadowprincess

ttn1.jpg

ttn2.jpg

ttn3.jpg

ttn4.jpg

ttn5.jpg

ttn6.jpg

ttn7.jpg

ttn8.jpg

ttn9.jpg

ttn10.jpg

ttn11.jpg

ttn12.jpg

ttn13.jpg

ttn14.jpg

ttn15.jpg

ttn16.jpg

ttn17.jpg

ttn18.jpg

just for fun, a video of antonio aka peter fooling around while waiting for makeup... he's hilarious... video didnt get what he was doing before the camera was on him...

just for fun,

a video of antonio aka peter fooling around while waiting for makeup... he's hilarious... video didnt get what he was doing before the camera was on him...

silverblackened

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowprincess
This is a big production with a tiny budget... if u can imagine that. i think the budget was only CAD1000. very small... most of the makeup i could buy were drugstore brands... i wasn't pleased :p i wanted really good brands .. oh well, i'm glad everything turned out welll though...
greengrin.gif
i had to bring some of my own MAC stuff coz drugstore shadows are really useless...

I am so familiar with the big production-small budget scale. What I really hate, though, is how most of the budget (at least for many of the ones I've done) seems to end up in things like costumes when really, it's a stage production, you don't need the hugely expensive, heavy, detailed fabrics. Fake it. I need more money for my set! Props, I can deal with, since they're smaller and I'm told I'm a dab hand at "faking" things for the stage.
winks.gif

And they love to skimp on makeup. Which totally doesn't work if you want bright colours and especially if you have aforementioned expensive pretty costumes, since that just makes the faces look even more washed out if you use drugstore brands, like you said. Thankfully, the last few times, we had a girl who brought in all her MAC e/s (Two traincases' worth - I had to pick her up every day because the cases were huge and heavy and she's a really small girl, LOL) so that we could use those to layer the cheaper stuff. That was incredibly nice of her, and of you, too! Kudos!

shadowprincess

MAC looks super hot on stage.. the colours are definately a million steps higher than drugstore brands...yea, did u know the production manager told me this : "nah.. makeup is not important... in last year's production, they did their own makeup" .... and i was there thinking... "why the f!!! did u ask me to help then?" and now they all come to me saying the makeup is great on stage. I have never ever heard that makeup was not important for stage productions... as far as i am concerned, makeup plays a huge part next to costumes to bring the play alive.

Latest posts