shampoo/conditioner for my dull, frizzy, unrully hair!

Pink_minx

Has any of you tried Garnier Fructis? This girl I knew used this shampoo and her hair always looked so shiny and healthy, but that could just be genetics though, but I want to see if any of you tried it and if you liked it or not? I dont know why I just cant stick with the same shampoos & conditioners after like a couple months. I like trying something new for my hair, maybe thats why its so damaged now hehe. But I havent found a really good shampoo/conditioner that made a difference in my hair. :confused: Any other recs on other shampoos that made a difference in your hair like made it softer silkier and stronger?? I tried looking for Loreal Elvive Nutri-Gloss shampoo/conditioner it has like pearl in it or something that is suppose to make your hair feel extra silky soft and extra shiny. But I cant find that any where!

ruby_soho

Fructis isn't very good to use because it has fruit acids in it which can damage your hair. A shampoo and conditioner I used to use and liked were by Pantene. If you dye your hair you'll have to use a clairifying shampoo for about a week before dying your hair. Pantene works in making hair shinier, smoother and sleeker because it coats your hair in wax.

Pink_minx

Yeah I heard Pantene works wonders on most women I read in a magazine, but theres an ingredient in it "silicone" Pantene coats your hair with silicones and doesn't let moisture get in so your hair dries out. And that you should use a clarifying shampoo once a week to get rid of the silicon, Is that true? I dont think I will ever dye my hair again because it totally changed my hair in a BAD way ehe. But if I use pantene should I use a clarifyng shampoo?

so_siqqq

Garnier Fructis in my opinion is not worth the money. It just does nothing for hair other than smell good.

Personally, I like to use Matrix's Sleek.Look line or Goldwell's line Kerasilk. I prefer Kerasilk more though. Most salon's carry both brands.

karen

Nexxus Therappe and Humectress are th best shampoo& conditioner out there for dry, frizzy hair, imo.

and I 2nd that Fructis is awful. Tried a sample once and my hair was straw-like for days.

xxElusivexx

Most hairdressers advise against Pantene quite strongly as silicone is not at all good for your hair. It coats the hair hence the reason it seems to be making a difference in regards to silkiness etc. It is actually very bad for your hair in the long term as it soaks into the hair shaft and doesn't allow any moisture/nutrients to get into your hair.

I wouldn't recommend Garnier Fructis either.

I definitely recommend Loreal Kerastase Oleo Relax shampoo and Masquintese conditioner/treatment. It is by far the best shampoo and conditioner range out there! They will have a product to match every hair type.
Good luck!

xxElusivexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink_minx
Yeah I heard Pantene works wonders on most women I read in a magazine, but theres an ingredient in it "silicone" Pantene coats your hair with silicones and doesn't let moisture get in so your hair dries out. And that you should use a clarifying shampoo once a week to get rid of the silicon, Is that true? I dont think I will ever dye my hair again because it totally changed my hair in a BAD way ehe. But if I use pantene should I use a clarifyng shampoo?

If you use Pantene, definitely use a good clarifying shampoo. After a while though, the silicon may build up past the point of being washed away and it could really make your hair look dull. Go and ask your hairdresser, even though they will probably just say NO PANTENE!

Pantene seems like it's doing good for your hair, but it will only last for a little while. As in my previous post, check out Kerastase! Or as a previous poster mentioned, Kerasilk is also good and a cheaper alternative. I have used both and IMHO, nothing compares to Kerastase. It really does do wonders for my thick, dry, frizzy, curly hair!
smiles.gif

user3

L'Oreal Vive Smooth intense!!!
It has been so good to my hair!
I use the whole Smooth intense line. I shampoo, condition, and right before air drying or blow drying I mix the serum and the leave-in together.

So nice.
I started using the Smooth intese for women of color and it is even better than the regular one.

Julie

I love Aveda shampoos and conditioners. My hair used to be extremely damaged and once I went to the Aveda Salons and started using their products my hair immediately started to heal. My hair stylist recommended Aveda Shampure Shampoo and Conditioner at first to help rebuild my hair but since then I have used almost all of their different formulas. Some of my favorites are Sap Moss, Curessence, Damage Remedy and Color Conserve. Their deep conditioning treatments are great also I've used all of them.

Redken All Soft is a great line also. It made my hair so soft and shiney.

Dreamergirl3

Lots of recs from me!
Aveda Sap Moss
Kerestase by Loreal
Vive Smooth intense by Loreal
Joico K-Pak
Nexxus Therappe & Humectress
Biolage (the hydrating ones or frizz ones)
hth!

prppygrl69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl3
Lots of recs from me!
Aveda Sap Moss
Kerestase by Loreal
Vive Smooth intense by Loreal
Joico K-Pak
Nexxus Therappe & Humectress
Biolage (the hydrating ones or frizz ones)
hth!

I deff. agree with you.Aveda is so wonderful,not only do they smell so great but they do wonders for your hair.Loreal is also nice i haven't gotten a real good chance to use it that much,i switch all the time.Biolage i'm with you 100% on that one,wonderful product.I also love Thermasilk,i've been using that lately,and everyone is always saying my hair is so shiny.Maybe it's cuz i dry it naturally,not straight.I dunno which products i like best! Their all great lol.Now on the other hand,Pantene.....made my hair start falling out,and it's never been the same since :-(

Corvs Queen

Here's what I do to my hair and the products I use.
I use Herbal Essence shampoo and conditioner.
I try to use a different formula every day. I have about three that I really like. I like the purple rainforest one that's for normal hair. The pink rose one thats for deep condtioning and the rainforsest one for color treated hair. Note that I DO NOT have color treated hair. I like to use these products because they have the deepest conditioners plus they are fairly cheap.

In the shower I like to wash only the roots of my hair with shampoo.
Then I rinse and put on the conditioner. I brush it through my hair with a paddle brush and clip it back loosly with a claw clip. I leave the conditioner in while I wash my face and shave and whatnot. Then before I get out of the shower I rinse my hair. Also, I go to bed with my hair wet and in the morning it's just a bit damp so I dry it straight with a hair dryer. The less you use heat on your hair, the healthier it will be. Plus, I take a multi-vitamin.

Pink_minx

thanks a lot girls, I actually got a Citre Shine conditioner for dry damaged hair, when I woke up in the morning my hair was glistening like never before except my frizzies lol but I also bought citre shine serum anti frizz and it worked great! omg I think I just needed to change my frizz serum i been using the chi one for a loong time. My hair is never been this straight and frizz free with the citre shine anti frizz serum.

prppygrl69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink_minx
thanks a lot girls, I actually got a Citre Shine conditioner for dry damaged hair, when I woke up in the morning my hair was glistening like never before except my frizzies lol but I also bought citre shine serum anti frizz and it worked great! omg I think I just needed to change my frizz serum i been using the chi one for a loong time. My hair is never been this straight and frizz free with the citre shine anti frizz serum.

yeah chi is not all everyone cracks it up to be.i personally don't think that company is very good.the garnier smoothing system with the serum is very nice makes my hair silky.smells so friggin good i could hump the bottle haha!

rubixio

Garnier only made my hair feel greasy after a few days of using it(which is amazing, since I have horribly thick curly hair).

I'll have to agree with the Biolage/Matrix lines. Or L'oreal Vive for cheaper stuff.

Pink_minx

Quote:
Originally Posted by prppygrl69
yeah chi is not all everyone cracks it up to be.i personally don't think that company is very good.the garnier smoothing system with the serum is very nice makes my hair silky.smells so friggin good i could hump the bottle haha!

LOL silly you, I havent tried Garnier Fructis serum but their products do smell really good though. But their shampoos and conditioners make my hair dry which sucks cause I really like the smell.

dirtygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxElusivexx
Most hairdressers advise against Pantene quite strongly as silicone is not at all good for your hair. It coats the hair hence the reason it seems to be making a difference in regards to silkiness etc. It is actually very bad for your hair in the long term as it soaks into the hair shaft and doesn't allow any moisture/nutrients to get into your hair.

I wouldn't recommend Garnier Fructis either.

I definitely recommend Loreal Kerastase Oleo Relax shampoo and Masquintese conditioner/treatment. It is by far the best shampoo and conditioner range out there! They will have a product to match every hair type.
Good luck!

thannnnkkk youuuu!

pantene is so so so bad for hair. it works at first, but long term use is bad.

and garnier fructis strips hair. it will make (already) dry and frizzy hair even drier and frizzier.

i have heard so much about kerastase, perhaps i will try it. do you think they are good with colored hair? i am pretty loyal to paul mitchell daily color care shampoo & conditioner.. plus i do hot oil treatments.

PINK_MINX: try some hot oil treatments, too, like V05 or Queen Helene. They make dry frizzy hair so soft and silky and nice. I swear by it.
smiles.gif
(and if your hair is colored, it won't hurt it at all, but rather help it!)

Pink_minx

thanks dirtygirl i will def try those hot oil treatments just to test it out if it really works on not, why not give it a try.