Shampoo (hair growth?)...

sephoraholic

My friend has very thin hair..she was told to use Mane N Tail shampoo (for horses!!) in order to grow thicker hair faster. Has anyone tried this product? What's the verdict? lol

saccharinity

I don't think its possible for a shampoo to help you hair grow let a lone make it thicker but I do know taking a daily multiple vitamin will give a decent growth spurt a few weeks after you start and I hear prenatal vitamins will make your hair and nails grow like crazy.

supermodella

The horse shampoo, the original Mane & Tail, works well for hair, especially African-American hair. Megatek hoof conditioner works just as good. It sounds crazy, but it's true--there's many threads about it on BlackHairCareForum! :]

ShortnSassy

a few instructors at my cosmetology school were just talking about this the other day. they both said in 20 years of being in the business that every girl they've met who has used mane 'n tail has fantastic hair. coincidence? maybe. maybe not.

MaskedBeauty

I take a prenatal vitamin every day because I heard it helps your nails and hairs grow. It doesn't make them "grow like crazy", at least not with me I haven't noticed. I have noticed a little growth though. I wish it would grow faster!

kaliraksha

Everyone's hair growth is determined by their genes, there isn't really much you can do to change that. If I remember correctly the average hair growth is about half an inch a month. The best thing you can do for your hair is try to keep it nourished and healthy which is maybe what that shampoo above is about. I think this probably helps with the splitting of hair and strengthening of it. My dad who is balding a little swears by it (the shampoo above) and in all fairness he does have fantastic hair.

One thing about prenatal or biotin or hair & nail vitamins that I've constantly read about (I did research before considering taking them) is that if you're at all prone to being a little hairy (like I am arrrgh!) then you might experience hair growth in places you don't want. I read a few accounts of people saying they would get a few extra and new facial hairs that they had to pluck... but this would also keep your hair in fabulous shape which would promote your full growth potential.

Let us know if you try either =)

ForgetRegret

Mane and Tail is amazing stuff...it's not that it makes it grow faster or anything (shampoos and conditioners can't do that, no matter what they tell you), but it keeps your hair healthy and protects it from breakage. Think about it this way, it's made for horses, right? Well look at all the crap their hair takes...people holding onto their manes while they're being ridden, harnesses, all the dirt and junk they get all over their tails and such while they're out and about. This stuff helps keep their hair nice and healthy, and since their hair is MUCH more coarse than ours, it does amazing stuff for us too.
greengrin.gif
HTH!

supermodella

I heard the smell is AWFUL but I'm really planning to get a bottle of Mane & Tail. It's not the kind from the drug store, everyone! It's pretty expensive. :/

Ggxox

Ekk yeah I want to try Mane and Tail too but we don't have it here in the UK so it'll probably cost a fortune to get some to test. Hmmm.

xoxo