Share your baby food recipes

janwa09

I just started introducing solid foods to my son (store bought rice cereal, mashed bananas, peaches and applesauce) and he liked them at the start but now, whenever I feed him in the mornings he makes this gag reflex like he doesn't like the taste of his food. Do you guys have any delicious baby food recipes you can share? He's still in his 6th month so it has to be those pureed kinds of baby food
smiles.gif
TIA! Oh, and what do yo guys think of those organic store bought baby food? Any cons to them?

*Stargazer*

I just take whatever I want to feed him and puree it. My little guy eats everything he can get his hands on now, but he started with yogurt and pureed meat and fruits.

There is a great website I use as well.
Make Homemade Baby Food Recipes, Homemade Baby Food Recipes, Solid Food Baby Tips, Baby Nutrition & more!

I buy the organic store bought stuff for carrying in my diaper bag. Because it is sealed, if the top pops off it won't go everywhere. The stuff I make myself doesn't have a seal and once the top came off in my bag. It was so gross.

I like the organic store bought stuff because it has no additives. At least the Gerber ones don't. No extra sugar or anything. But we're all organic and such in my house anyway.

M.A.C. head.

When my daughter started with the cereal at around 6 or 7 months, we would make it sort of watery, and we'd add some of the stage 2 fruits. It'd make it tastier and she'd eat it up! Plain baby cereal tastes pretty gnarly, so adding that little bit of flavor might help.

I'm not so sure about the organic foods, I've never purchased them. The regular ones are fine for us.